Drennan Pole master Margin Carp pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minipeace

Hi

This Drennan margin pole is 8.5 mtrs in length, weighs in at around 490grms and is priced at about 129.00. It comes with 2 power tops, 4 sections and a short number 3 netting section. So its 6 sections plus netting section if you like.
The power tops are already fitted with bushes and they take a 20 elastic max.
The handle section plus netting section has a lovely smooth finish and the power tops have a foam bung fitted to protect the elastic when broken down which is a nice touch.
You can also purchase other tops including match tops too and they are nice and cheap at about 26.
The pole feels nice and light even at full length and is also quite stiff. This means you can hold the pole all day and is great for the younger anglers and us older chaps.
I've got black and purple hydro fitted on mine but you can select any type or make of elastic.
Always hard to say what type of action the pole has and maybe different elastic produces a more achieved bend depending on your fishing style and the fish youve hooked but I found using the hydro the top 3 sections bent in a smooth curve when pressure was applied and there where no what I would call flat spots.
So far it has handled Carp just over the 10lb mark along with Tench, Roach and Rudd with ease and is an all round nice piece of gear that is perfect for fishing close in.[:)]

strat2

i saw improve your coarse fishing this came out of the best of three

looks very good

Last edited by a moderator:

davepellet

superb pole, great quality as usual from Drennan

I've handled a few margin poles over the last couple of years & this one easily stands up against the best of the rest

(an extension section would be a nice option though, for the times when 8.5m isn't enough)

davepellet

Excellent pole this, had one since they came out & at the time I tried most of the competition with only the shimano & daiwa's coming anywhere near this quality

used it numerous times to catch carp from ounces to mid-doubles and it's not shown any signs of weakness

only one thing I'd say is it would be nice if you could get an extension, 8.5m is occassionally a bit limiting (but then you're getting more in the realms of a full length carp pole I suppose!)

Big Al

I've had one of these since they were launched and they are a good bit of kit.

nathan2

Account Locked
well, I purchased a one of these for my son Nathan (12), he is really impressed, its lightweight, good action, 16 elsatic, and with a bit of help off MD people on tactics, he landed in his first match last monday a whopping 16lb 14oz Carp from the margins on one pellet on a size 14 Kamasan animal hook.
Its lightweight at what I would see for any pleasure angler as I dont think any pleasure anglewr would need to go further than 8.5m.

So like mini peace - its a very very pole, well impressed.

strat2

i use a maver jurassic for my margin fishing its 9.5m long and had 3 tops i got mine for 45.00 off ebay they were abotu 350.00 saving and a half!

nathan2

Account Locked
Hi all

I broke a power top section yesterday and wondered for my Drennan margin pole where I would get a new top section.

Any help appreciated

dany0153

I bought one off ebay for 70 quid last year and its a fantastic margin pole ive had carp upto 12 Ib and the action and weight is great. The netting section enables you to hold the top sections without the fear of squashing the ends when landing margin carp!

I would recommend to any one !

luckypiker

Ive had one of these as my dedicated beast/margin pole for around 2 years now and like it that much i bought my son one. Ive had carp to 18lb 4oz on it and have never worried that its going to break. These poles are as bullet proof as you can get. I use 14-16 hollow ,18-20 hollow and 22-24 solid which covers all my margin/beast fishing.

n/a14

deleted
Yep! I've got one and it's a lovely addition to the tackle bag! I've also found that smaller fish don't bump as easily as a similar Middy pole I have

Dave

stikflote

Site Supporter
drennan margin carp, i broke the top kit on a fish at robins wood about third time out ,it was one that was elasticated with very heavy red elastic.
Im glad i kept hold of my trabbuco lucifer because its hell a stronger than the drennan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.