Drennan MKIV 13ft Tench Float rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldBear

The wife bought me a Drennan MKIV Tench Float rod for my birthday in February as I needed a float rod which could handle long-trotting for Barbel on the upper Lea, plus I also needed a new float rod for Tench which could handle a low double if Im ever lucky enough to catch one (one of my clubs has some really big Tench).

I used the rod for long-trotting for Barbel on the upper river Lea for the last 4 weeks of the river season and I must say that it is a brilliant rod for this type of fishing and enabled me to handle Barbel up to 7.5lb extrememly well without locking up and I was left with the impression that it could handle even larger specimens just as well, I averaged 3 Barbel per trip trotting with this rod on short 3 hour sessions.

The rod has a decievingly slim blank and can handle lines between 2lb - 8lb, It has a fighting curve which starts at around 10oz and progresses up to 2lb further along the blank with a tip to middle curve. Another plus is its new longer 13ft blank which is an improvement on their previous versions.

So if you are looking for a rod for a similar purpose I can fully recomend the 'Drennan MKIV 13ft Tench Float rod '

Now it's time to catch a few Tench.
tight lines
BB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.