Drennan Kit Case

sagalout

I have just taken delivery of this. The case itself looks and feels well made and should do the intended job, only time will tell on the longevity, but based on other drennan items I own I expect the quality to be excellent.

One small but significant niggle is that the velcro straps are not long enough to go round both halves of my top kits (Matrix MTX), I have had to put the velcro round the bottom half and band the tip half to the bottom half. It would not have any cost implication if Drennan mad the velcros an inch longer, seems a really stupid design/production decision. I'll have to get Mrs Lout to find some velcro so I can extend the straps. I don't think for the thick end of fifty quid I should have to make modifications.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Thanks for the review @sagalout I have Preston Monster top kit case, but too enamoured by the lack of segregation between top kits inside the case. I was looking at Drennan or Milo top kit case, so think I will focus on the Milo case.

sagalout

I have now bought a metre of velcro 25mm double sided from ebay for £3.06 😢 and cut ten 2" pieces, fitted them to the existing straps, jobs a good 'un. Shouldn't have had to though.

Scribe

Site Supporter
Can understand that, when you buy something you expect it to function adequately. Seems a bit penny pinching by Drennan.

sagalout

This particular one holds each top kit individually with it's own pocket and velcro strap (albeit to short in this case :)) in a piece of luggage that zips all round and opens up to allow unfettered access. I have always used tubes in the past but I wanted to try one of these for ease of access, also I like to minimise the number of items I take and this holds ten topkits in one item of luggage but I would need at least two tubes.

richox12

You must have big diameter kits/sections as those I have played with were easy big/long enough and a doddle to use

Krh57

Site Supporter
I have the same case and agree with Sagalout that the Velcro is too short !
Apart from that it is a great bit of kit !

slaner

Site Supporter
i have the same case and the same problem and that is with the acolyte top kits!

sagalout

I ain't told them, my assumption was that they designed it, tested the design, produced it, and would do random sample testing during production :unsure:

I used it today for the first time, I am very pleased with it. Unzip it, there are the top kits all displayed for easy selection, quick to access and put away. I like it.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I have just taken delivery of this. The case itself looks and feels well made and should do the intended job, only time will tell on the longevity, but based on other drennan items I own I expect the quality to be excellent.

One small but significant niggle is that the velcro straps are not long enough to go round both halves of my top kits (Matrix MTX), I have had to put the velcro round the bottom half and band the tip half to the bottom half. It would not have any cost implication if Drennan mad the velcros an inch longer, seems a really stupid design/production decision. I'll have to get Mrs Lout to find some velcro so I can extend the straps. I don't think for the thick end of fifty quid I should have to make modifications.
I have taken delivery of the Milo carbon topkit case must say it's fantastic in every way

Scribe

Site Supporter
@robert d can i ask how many top kits does it hold and where you ordered it from.

Thanks

sagalout

That looks like a good bit of kit. Are the top kits held individually or are they all piled in together? I can't see any separation in the pictures I've looked at.

robert d

Site Supporter
@robert d can i ask how many top kits does it hold and where you ordered it from.

Thanks
Don't know exactly but looks a lot open flap at bottom big straps at the top I think its 1700 tall and 20 cm deep with a mesh carrier for other bits inside I would guess you could get 16 to 20 kits inside ..ordered from Milo site direct £99 plus £15 delivery which took 4 days

Last edited:

robert d

Site Supporter
Don't know exactly but looks a lot open flap at bottom big straps at the top I think its 1700 tall and 20 cm deep with a mesh carrier for other bits inside I would guess you could get 16 to 20 kits inside ..ordered from Milo sight direct £99 plus £15 delivery which took 4 days
Milo.com is the site

geofflukins

I have just got this case and the Velcro fastens around my top kits with loads to spare. I have the Browning Z8-2. Maybe Drennan has realised and increased the length of the Velcro as I note that the initial post about this was a year ago.

bricky72

Site Supporter
W
I have just got this case and the Velcro fastens around my top kits with loads to spare. I have the Browning Z8-2. Maybe Drennan has realised and increased the length of the Velcro as I note that the initial post about this was a year ago.
which way you putting kits in as I’ve browning kits and Velcro isnt long enough to go around the two pieces or are you just fasting number two sections

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I've just ordered the Drennan Kit Tube as opposed to the case. Be interesting to see the quality after reading the above reviews. I've only got 6 top kits & a cupping kit so hopefully it'll do the job.