Drennan Feeder Rods

merseyphil

Site Supporter
Looking for some advice from users of Drennan Feeder Rods, the Acolyte range are more expensive from the others, is the red range any good or the newer Vertex models.
Don't need long distance casting so would stick with 10ft lengths, any advantages in going longer lengths.

Thanks in advance, any help, comments appreciated.

GazzaG2016

I personally use the Drennan Series 7, 12ft Carp Feeder "puddle chucker" with 2oz, 3oz 4oz tips and its serving me well this past couple of years. reel lines between 0.15-0.22 hook lengths between 0.14-0.20 ideal for bombs/feeders and with a progressive power play action.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Any reason for wanting a Drennan ? With so many makes offering numerous choices, you may be missing out on something just right for you by limiting yourself.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Any reason for wanting a Drennan ? With so many makes offering numerous choices, you may be missing out on something just right for you by limiting yourself.
Eactly there are lots and lots of great feeder rods out there so no reason to limit yourself to a choice of 3 ranges

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Looking for some advice from users of Drennan Feeder Rods, the Acolyte range are more expensive from the others, is the red range any good or the newer Vertex models.
Don't need long distance casting so would stick with 10ft lengths, any advantages in going longer lengths.

Thanks in advance, any help, comments appreciated.
Acolytes are more natural venue rods and vertex more commercial although there’s no reason not to use acolytes on commercials and the medium feeder of the vertex range would also do on naturals. Wouldn’t bother with the red range, if you want to go in it’s budget bracket there’s better rods out there for a similar price. 11ft is a nice allrounder length.

davepellet

Love my acolyte ultra, wouldn’t swap it for anything

First year I had it I used on commercials with 35g method feeder for carp as often as I used it on more natural waters...

Ended up selling 3 other feeder rods cos I wasn’t using them...

don’t use it on big waters where I want 40+ yds but I use it for everything else

Silver fan 82

The Red Range are very good for the price. Probably not as nice as the Vertex or Acolyte range but can't go wrong for the price.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
They are all good rods in their respective price brackets and compare with anything else of a similar price.
When you put them next to each other its very obvious why there is a difference in price.