Drennan Compact Acolyte holdall

petel

Site Supporter
Tried searching but not been able to find a specific post on this so hopefully not done before. Has anyone tried to fit a Drennan Compact 13 ft rod in a Preston Supera 2 or 4 rod holdall?

I am not sure it will fit as the removable butt section means it’s a bit unusual. There isn’t anywhere local with stock where i can try one

Simon R

Site Supporter
I think the whole point of the removable butt was so that it would fit into a ready-rod holdall - the 190cm version obviously.

I've got the 2-piece 12' Acolyte Carp Waggler - that fits and neither section of the Compact is longer than 190cm so it should fit.

Simon

petel

Site Supporter
I think the whole point of the removable butt was so that it would fit into a ready-rod holdall - the 190cm version obviously.

I've got the 2-piece 12' Acolyte Carp Waggler - that fits and neither section of the Compact is longer than 190cm so it should fit.

Simon
Thanks Simon. What I was concerned about is fitting the rod with reel attached as the reel sits comparatively lower than a normal rod as the butt is removed. So may not fit the shaped lower section of the holdall.