Drennan Acolyte Ultra (9ft / 10ft) Feeders.

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
I've never touched an out-and-out feeder, but I've read that they're usually quite tippy with a stiff blank...

These Acolytes are marketed as having proper parabolic action, we all know that means the power should transfer fairly evenly through-out the blank and bend right down to the handle, which is contrary to what I've read about the design and action of a typical feeder.

So what's the real, non-sponsored, non-advertisement verdict on this rods? Are they really as parabolic as they claim to be?

mbuna_matt

I found all the acolytes (and I now have more than a few..) have a true parabolic action. I takes some getting used to but yes they bend and bend and bend......

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I have the 11ft and it is fairly parabolic but still quite tippy at the same time if that makes sense. I’d describe the 13ft float rod in much the same way as it happens in that they appear quite tippy until you hook something too big for it then they bend a lot like Matt says. Would take a big fish to bend the feeder version as far though, it’s a fair bit more powerful than the float version.

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I have the 11ft plus feeder rod, it’s a loverly soft short chuck feeder rod for silvers, which is what I use it for, in calm conditions, but when I want to punch a small 30 gram cage feeder, into a wind, 18/30 mtrs, I use my 11ft guru aventus feeder rod, now that’s a different tool altogether 👍👍👍👍