Drennan Acolyte ultra 11ft or 12ft float rod

Badger61

Does anyone own one of these? I think it's a fairly new edition to the range and I was considering one for silver fishing canals and stillwaters. Any reviews?

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
They've been out a while now. Early this year, or late last year, if memory serves. I have the 11' and plenty of other Acolyte models. If you like the 13' Ultra, you'll like the 11'er. I haven't got a canal to fish locally, mine serves for close range silver fishing on stillwaters and small river/beck trotting. I'd suggest that it might have a faster action than an out and out canal rod. It'll do the job though.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I have the 13ft one and it is a brilliant rod for lakes and rivers, honestly doubt there’s much out there for the money that’s any better. Even on canals I personally wouldn’t go shorter than 12ft just to give you that bit of extra versatility for other venues as well.

mbuna_matt

Another vote for the 11 foot Acolyte, as with others I use it for silvers on small rivers and short distance silver fish, although I have had a few chub to around 4lb+ on it with no problem.

Fritz

Petri Heil! (german angler‘s greeting)
I own an acolyte ultra float 11ft and I have to say it is fantastic, a very light and slim rod.
But it is correct in my opinion that 11ft float rods are not as versatile as for example 13ft float rod. I will use it for short distance and low depth, small rivers and fishing spots with a lot of disturbing low hanging trees and bushes.

trotter2

I don't have the 11ft ultra but if its anything like the 11ft carp it will be a very good rod go for it. The 13ft ultra is the best 13ft rod I have ever had for small fish.