Drennan Acolyte Pro Carp

ssg droppers

Any feedback on this Pole?
Was thing if getting it as an all round pole with carp and match kits, just at 14.5 mtrs.
Is it stiff at 13 mtrs?
Thanks

mogfishing

Site Supporter
I have one, but ordered all carp kits with it. I use elastics from 6 to 18 with no problems. I haven't fished it at 13 metres for any length of time, but it is absolutely fine at 11 metres.

Dropon

Saw Dean Barlow using the carp pole at Evesham last year. He was using a double 2 top kit on it , catching small fish, no idea of elastic .

davepellet

I have the original acolyte carp and that is very stiff and responsive at 13m, I’d assume the newer Pro version will be the same or better

I also use mine as an all round pole, well... as all round as I get!

RMNDIL

Weirdly,.....sitting and looking up along the pole is different to being at the tip end and looking back down the pole

The Hitman

Site Supporter
I have original Acolyte Carp. Great all round pole. One of the guys i fish against in matches said the Pro Carp is a fantastic pole. Excellent value for money.

ssg droppers

Thanks Tamas73h,great review that! .Pole is on order but not available till Jan.Ordered it with a few extra no 3s and some A kits for silvers fishing.Looking forward to getting it now,sounds like a great all round pole which will be perfect for what I want

RMNDIL

When looking back down the pole (it's exactly the same with a rod under pressure as well) from the tip the 'droop' is much more obvious than when sat on the box looking up it. Rigidity, or lack of flex, is a different thing but if you watch someone continually flexing a pole, or leaning into it with someone holding the elastic, and then do it yourself a similar difference is evident.

davepellet

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense, if you're looking tip to butt, the section that's most affected most by gravity is closer to your eye. so it's more accentuated than if you're looking over 10m of pole (butt to tip) before the bend gradually starts to begin, so it's bound to look less dramatic from the butt end