Drennan Acolyte Pro 16mtr Pole

alanmac

Site Supporter
Just wondering if anybody has this pole or know anything of it. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
I have the original the Pro is slightly slimmer from no4 back otherwise very similar, can fish comfortably to 16m great pole for general fishing F1s and everything else up to 5lb but bigger fish and elastics I use the Carp version or the Margin to suit spares are usually available quickly.
Broke a number 5 first time it was used which was replaced FOC and walked on a number 4 in Ireland other than that its been fine,another thing to bear in mind that at 16 meters ready to fish its nearly a full section longer than a Tournament with a match kit cut back for white hydro.

alanmac

Site Supporter
Thanks Ken that’s helpful, I have ordered the margin Acolyte which I’m receiving tomorrow so will give me an idea, the package overall seems good and a price of £2,500 against £3k from other main retailers makes me tempted but not many reviews about.
Cheers, Alan.

richox12

As Ken says, you might even only need the 1450 version as they are 'proper' long by comparison to many. Even cheaper. Can always buy a 16 section later, no price advantage or disadvantage either way.

davepellet

That’s what I did with the carp version, at it’s full length plus the half extension section the difference in length between that and some of the 16m poles being used at venues I used to fish was negligible

Rick123

Site Supporter
I've got the margin pole, if the quality is the same or better it should be a cracking piece of kit. Drennan don't seem to make poor quality stuff these days.

alanmac

Site Supporter
Hello Rick, funny enough I received the Accolyte margin pole today and it really looks and feels the business, I already own a couple of Accolyte rods and they are excellent, Ironically I did not receive the roller plunger for positioning them in the no2 section so they are sending it on. I get the feeling the pole should fit the bill, as mentioned might just get the 14.5 mtr with extension.