Drennan Acolyte Compact Ultra and Compact Plus

• Thread starter Deleted member 24128
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24128

Thanks guys. I had a gander in my local tackle shop today and took a closer look at these Acolytes and having now seen and handled a couple I'm utterly sold and thanks to your inputs I have settled on the Compact Plus. If I enjoy it as much as I think I will, then perhaps, the Ultra shortly after. Honestly, it was actually quite hard to walk out of there without one, but with a trip to Italy next week, it will have to wait just a few weeks more. I should have worked harder in school.

I appreciate all your feedback on this and if anyone else wishes to add further to the thread, please feel free. A lot can happen in a few weeks;)

Aston_fisher

Site Supporter
My understanding is that the ultra is only really for silvers on rivers and canals etc and the Plus would be more of an all-rounder type capable of taming the larger fish like tench, carp, chub and the odd barbel
This is also my understanding of the plus vs ultra. I don't have experience of the compact but I do own the Acolyte Carp Waggler
Oll jazz IIO - If you can afford both then I’d say go for it haha! My understanding is that the plus is barely more powerful than your average float rod (the acolyte being slightly less powerful than average) rather than being like the power float rods out there, the plus name just meaning more power than the ultra rather than necessarily more than your average float rod. As I say I don’t worry about getting the odd big fish on the ultra but it’s not a thing I have to worry about often on the venues I currently fish so having a plus as well would give me the option to fish more commercial type places if they took my fancy. I think an ultra feeder rod will be my next purchase though!
I couldn't decide and went for the carp Waggler version. Still a very nice, tippy, sensitive float rod that is as light as a feather, but I have a little bit of extra back bone, which suits my varied outings.

Would still love a plus as well though :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 24128

So, I thought I would close out this thread and say thanks for all your input and that I did buy the Compact Plus. I picked it up last Thursday and I have taken it out twice so far. Once Monday at a nearby commercial where it mainly pulled in bream all day and a more thorough workout today at my local canal where it fought many a feisty tench for 9 hours. I'm very pleased with it. It's a beautiful rod for a peasant like myself and it is definitely doing exactly what I wanted it to do for me. I'm not bumping off the little ones but it can boss a bigger one quite nicely. I just feel more and have more control. Certainly the nicest rod I have ever owned and I won't hesitate to pull the trigger on more acolytes in the future. In fact, I see more in my life.

Ruud5

Dag allen. Ik overweeg de compact ultra 13 ft. Is de actie gelijk aan de standaard 13 ft? Of meer gelijk aan de 12 ft?