Ended Drennan Acolyte 15 foot plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoddyPaul

Hi,
I'm West Midlands based - meet / collect after Covid settles - .

Looking to swap my Acolyte Plus 15 foot ( absolutely perfect condition and only used for roach on the severn to teares at Grimley, and no i did not land a canoe...! ) for an Acolyte ultra float 11 foot, or Microlight 2000 13 foot or Acolyte ultra 15 foot or preferably Avenger 2000 13 foot or possibly cadence CR10 float number 1, or a MAP Dave Harrell 11 foot 6 inch canal with hollow tip version.

Can talk about money adjustments if necessary either way.

No problems with the Acolyte Plus 15 foot, its just that I now have a Normark Titan 2000 13 - 15 foot which I prefer using with a 704 premier. Its no better really than the Acolyte which bends like a banana if you hook a Barbel, just as I'm 60 now and I prefer the old stuff.

Cheers
Paul.

adriang

Site Supporter
Interested in an original Microlite 12ft?

I'm not using it, and I'm not going to, as I've decided to rework an old Mach 2 to be a canal rod. (I like the old stuff also, but I'm after something for summer pit fishing (to deep to be comfortable with a 13 ft rod).

PoddyPaul

Sorry no not requiring the original microlight, but thanks anyway.
I've just "re-worked" an old president super match 12 foot. On this rod - probably the Mach 2 boron is similar in that the handle is a parallel section of glass fibre so I was able to fit a Fuji reel fitting from the bottom up and just add 2 new cork lengths from the bottom to re finish the handle. Result is perfect an no re whipping of the bottom section rings necessary.
Regards
Paul

adriang

Site Supporter
On this rod - probably the Mach 2 boron is similar in that the handle is a parallel section of glass fibre so I was able to fit a Fuji reel fitting from the bottom up and just add 2 new cork lengths from the bottom to re finish the handle.
Yes, this is the same.. I posted a YouTube video on the forums where I had rebuilt another Mach 2, and how I dealt with that step from the blank to the handle as I wanted to shorten the handle but not the rod.

The 'other' Mach 2 had already lost a few cms off the tip, so thats going to be doctored.

GGJD69

Hi Paul,
Are you in the market to sell your 15Ft Acolyte Plus rod?
Cheers
Gary
PS If you really like the older rods I have an absolute mint and I mean mint as its like brand new 14ft Daiwa Connoisseur X amorphous whisker Tom Pickering rod.

GGJD69

Hi,

Looking to swap my Acolyte Plus 15 foot ( absolutely perfect condition and only used for roach on the severn to teares at Grimley, and no i did not land a canoe...! ) for an Acolyte ultra float 11 foot, or Microlight 2000 13 foot or Acolyte ultra 15 foot or preferably Avenger 2000 13 foot or possibly cadence CR10 float number 1, or a MAP Dave Harrell 11 foot 6 inch canal with hollow tip version.

No problems with the Acolyte Plus 15 foot, its just that I now have a Normark Titan 2000 13 - 15 foot which I prefer using with a 704 premier. Its no better really than the Acolyte which bends like a banana if you hook a Barbel, just as I'm 60 now and I prefer the old stuff.

Cheers
Paul.

GGJD69

I am in Nuneaton which is close to you if you would like to see it. We could meet

PoddyPaul

Hi,
I would consider selling the Acolyte.
It is mint.
Posting is never easy on rods so hopefully you are close(ish) to the Midlands.
I have to drive to West London for a set of rod pick ups when Covid relaxation allows.
I work in Droitwich, live near Stourbridge.

If you are still interested I can post a couple of photos.

Regards
Paul.

PoddyPaul

Just seen you are in Nuneaton.
I used to work at the Bayton Road Industrial Estate ages ago at Sterling International.
Don't want the Daiwa though................have too many similar rods.

GGJD69

Hi Paul,
Wow, small world, I know both those places.
Yes post pictures to me email if you want to
garygjd@ntlworld.com

and I will take a look tho I'm sure its fine. How much are you after for it?
Thanks
Gary

GGJD69

£150 as it really is the dogs. Pick up in Nuneaton or I’ll post at your expense.

GGJD69

Hi,

Cheers
Paul.
Hi Paul, would you swap for my mint Acolyte plus 14ft as I want the extra foot

GGJD69

Hi,

Cheers
Paul.
How much would you sell the Acolyte for Paul. I have the same rod in 14ft but need 15ft as I’d then have 13,14,15, and 18 in my armoury as I have a 14ft DAIWA rod.

PoddyPaul

Hi,
I WOULD SELL FOR £150 - collection from Droitwich during 8am to 5pm weekdays.
£160 IF YOU WANT ME TO DELIVER TO NUNEATON ONE EVENING.
IT IS MINT, AS IS THE ORIGINAL ROD BAG.
I WILL DIG SOME PICTURES OUT. FORGOT TO DO THAT LAST WEEK.
REGARDS
PAUL.

GGJD69

Hi Paul I’ll have it. £150 and I’ll meet you at motorcycle museum by Birmingham airport. Are you available tmro morning.
call me 07711838037

PoddyPaul

Hi Paul I’ll have it. £150 and I’ll meet you at motorcycle museum by Birmingham airport. Are you available tmro morning.
call me 07711838037
Hi,
Best I could do is tomorrow evening.

I have to be at Becketts Farm at 5.15pm tomorrow night ( Alcester Road, B47 6AJ ) - so could be at the museum for approx 6pm. or could be at the museum at about 4.30pm but must leave to get to Becketts Farm for 5.15pm

Regards
Paul.

GGJD69

I’m available any daytime Paul. What day suits you in the next few days or week.

PoddyPaul

Hi,
I,ll phone tomorrow morning but I’m pretty sure with work commitments it could only be tomorrow at 4.30pm or 6pm. Rod is mint. Has not even had the plastic taken off the cork. Must be mad to sell but I just have too many rods.

Status
Not open for further replies.