Drennan 16m DRX Logic Pole

PLJ

One for sale on the auction site.

Can anyone add anything to this, is it a silvers pole (seller seems to describe as so) but others seem suggest it is better suited to commercials.

I'm making a comeback from not course fishing for a while and looking at options. I've a Lerc 5050 13m pole (20 years old but is ok at 11.5m) and wondered whether it would be an improvement (i.e fish-able at or greater than 13m). I fish rivers, canals and still-waters but tend not to fish commercials for carp very much. Guess my preferred pole would be silvers oriented perhaps up to an all-rounder. Think the power kits on current are rated to 16 though pretty sure i've never used above 12/14.

Not much cash to spare at present but the Lerc is a bit of a handful @ 13m although on the books it is quite light for what is an old and inexpensive pole (840+- grams at 13). I know weight isn't everything...

If there are any other useful suggestions on decent 2nd hand poles that come up reasonably often, that would be appreciated.

Irishhybrids

if your going down the second hand route , I would stay welll clear of the Drennan , it’s quite old and if a section needed replacing you would struggle for definite,