DRAYTON WARNING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
I have to post this and I admit ,!ve just come back from the pub, having let daz down on my promise to work at making him a load of space in the car, but I gave up sorting and went for a drink!
Why?

I'm having trouble posting pictures on the home page and I have so much US experiences to share tht I asked Dave to help!
He , as usual agreed and so I worked all through the night (Kipped on the settee at 11,30 this morning)pouring out happy memories for the forum!
Thn after finishing as much as I could, I started to prepare for tomorrow.
In the back of my mind was an eerie experiemce!

Year 2000 february, I was contacted by a wonderful guy, whom I worked beside from 72 to 82.
We drifted apart as I was head hunted, re-met in 1991 when he bought a flying training school (he adored flying) and he delighted in taking me up for aerobatics in a small Cessna.
Again, I moved 150 miles and we drifted apart.
He found me in 2000 again, had sold his business and was trying for a Commercial Pilots job, which he was now well qualified for.
He was devestated at my illness and quickly joined me in a multi-level mrketing scheme I was running from home!
Both mates, old time salesmen, we were instantly successful and in 3 months we had both generated a base that still returns 50 per month each now!
Jon, that was his name, succeeded in obtaining an interview for the 31st May 2000, with BM Airways and was confident of getting the job.
He took a short term Co-Pilots job whilst he was waiting, as our success was not big money instant, but we both knew it would be our future.
On 25th May that year, on the 4th trip Jon flew as Co-Pilot delivering English Newspapers to Paris and returning with Frnch newspapers, his pilot was told by French ATC to taxi out ready to take off.
The French ATC, also told a French plane in french that the runway was clear.
The collision saw the slightly higher French Planes wing slice into the cockpit and Jon strapped in the Co-Pilots seat, had no chance.
It removed his head!
I never attempted another customer or sale of that MLM job again, but ensured that all income was passed to Jons widow and their 6 and 8 year old sons.
Jon was only 43 and Karen, whom I still phone and visit down in Northampton 34.
Why am telling you this.

On the day of my departure, Jan requested me to bring some history photos!
One of the most recent I had come by was a photo of Jon and I at a wedding, that Karen had sent for me, depicting us as we were , back in the 70s at the wedding of one of my service Engineers to one of Jons secreterial staff.

I showed this photo to Jan, highlighting Jon and I and our days together.

On my return to England, my wife informed me that I had a strange message on the ansaphone.
It was from the wedding couple in the photo, Chris and Julia, who claimed to have been trying to track me down for 3 years!
I have not seen or spoken to either for 20 years.
I have had their photo only a few days.
I had looked at it once and only to see Jon's image as we approach May 25th.
I have phoned and they are delighted and want to meet.
I am terrified of the consequences!

To cap it all, I post to Dave the post that describes the most violent electrical storm I have ever been through on water.
Within minutes, Daves whole street is knocked out by an electrical storm and I receive a text message stating that 'the curse strikes again!'
Can you wonder why I went for a drink?

If anyone can help explain this damn curse, not on me, but on those I care for, I would be extremely grateful and if you avoid me at Drayton, I will understand!

Trev

Ziptrev pug.gif Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

MALC

Trev i was touched to read the above, but dont think that it is just you as over the years we have all had things happen to us that should never have happened and we will never beable to explain why these things have occured as most are for the worst.
(Hope that made sense).

On a happier note the campers have arrived (Andy/Dai/Martin & Norm)
and they are all now sleeping in their tents in the garden, after spending the early part of the evenning watching a couple of guys bag up at Drayton where we were meet by Steve W.

Then it was a trip to the pub for a drink and a good natter, and trev a lot of the chat was about you,your posts and what a pleasure it is to know you and also how much we all want to hear from you about your stay with Newt.

So don't think for one minute that you will be left alone much in the morning.

Anyway look at the time get some sleep and see you some time around 7.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Thanks Malc!

Overtired perhaps!,just stupid! but its so damn close to the day!

Don't care a toss for me! it just never seems to affect me!

cya tomorrow (hell today)

Trev

Ferret1959

Snake breeder.
Hey we don't want any curses down at TJ's so leave them elsewhere.icon_smile.gif

Dave.
dave@tjsangling.co.uk
www.tjsangling.co.uk

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Trev - I think the curse had simply had a few days to build up pressure while you were off to the US fishing. We seem to have been bypassed by it so probably just the curse had a tiny bit of catching up to do.

Hopefully any manifestations at Drayton will be mild and funny.

Newt Vail

waxlion1

My friend, I would rather have a bad days fishing with you than a good day in work!

Waxlion1

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev,

Pesonally I don't believe in curses and think that they are more attributed to a collection of bad events hence giving the belief that one is cursed when in fact it's just a run of bad luck.

Many a time when things seem against us all the sh#t seems to drop in and land on everything we touch or do; it may be coincidence but more probably it's a case that we are more engrossed in the bad events and happenings that we overlook the good times. Upon reflection the good times more probably outweigh the bad, it's just that it doesn't appear that way.

Last night was amazing and one I put down lightheartedly to the curse as the Electricity failure only affected 8 houses and coincidently just happened when I was about to post your post. All the work was saved so no problems icon_smile.gif

As regards the curse only affecting those you care for - nah, thats just the way it might look. I personally have had more than my fair share of cr#p land on my doorstep over the years, mostly affecting those around me than myself personally and sure enough it may even have appeared at times that I was cursed but nope just a run of bad luck.
I always have and will adopt a positive outlook to life regardless of events. I'm not saying that when things go wrong they're not my fault - some are, some aren't - some are explainable, some aren't. In my book that's life, lol.

One of the most notable 'curses' was that of King Tutankhamun, Newspapers around the world announced that a hieroglyphic inscription in the tomb promised death to anyone who disturbed the Pharaoh's burial

"Death shall come on swift wings to him that toucheth the tomb of Pharaoh."

All that had something to do with the disturbing of King Tutankhamun's eternal rest had died of unnatural cause, except Howard Carter.
Was this a coincidence or the effects of the Pharaoh's curse?

In November 1922, the English Egyptologist Howard Carter discovered the tomb of the boy-king Tutankhamun, ruler of Egypt at the end of the fourteenth century BC.
From the time this magnificent tomb was opened, any misfortunes befall on its discoverers was attributed to the works of the curse of King Tutankhamun.
The funder of Howard Carter's excavations, Lord Carnarvon was present at the tomb's opening. He died in Cairo at the age of 57. It was believe that a mosquito bite on his cheek (same place as a scar on tutankhamun's mummified body) led to blood poisoning and then pneumonia caused his death.
At that exact moment, Cairo's electricity supply failed and at home in Highclere Castle, England, Carnarvon's fox terrier howled and dropped dead.
Newspapers around the world thus announced the hieroglyphic inscription in the tomb.
However, anyone associated with Lord Carnarvon seems to have suffered the effects of the curse too.
They are Carnarvon's half brother who died in 1923 and Egyptologist Georges Benedite who died as a result of a fall after visiting the tomb. These are believed to be the work of the curse.

The fact is that there was actually no such inscription in the tomb.
Moreover, every death that actually occurred can be explained scientifically.
Lord Carnarvon had not been strong since having a car accident in 1901 and he spent each winter in Egypt because of his poor health.
A decade after the burial chamber was opened, most of those who had been present were still alive.
Howard Carter who had the most to do with disturbing the Pharaoh's eternal rest was contemptuous of the curse but died in 1939, aged 66 of natural causes.
So how does one explain the curse of King tutankhamun.

In 1999 a German microbiologist, Gotthard Kramer, from the University of Leipzig, suggested that there might be some scientific truth to the stories of a curse.
He analyzed 40 mummies and identified several potentially dangerous mold spores on each. Mold spores are tough and can survive thousands of years even in a dark, dry tomb. Although most are harmless, a few can be toxic.
Kramer thought that when tombs were first opened and fresh air gusted inside, these spores could have been blown up into the air. When spores enter the body through the nose, mouth or eye mucous membranes, they can lead to organ failure or even death, particularly in individuals with weakened immune systems.
For this reason archaeologists now wear protective gear (such as masks and gloves) when unwrapping a mummy, something explorers from the days of Howard Carter and Lord Carnarvon didn't do.

Everything isn't without meaning or devoid of explanation. Curses? Nah like I said just a run of bad sh#t that has a habit of turning our attentions away from the good moments.

Chin up Trev and time to throw out the curse.

Regards, Dave thumbsup.gif

Ray Owen

'Nomad'
Hi trev,

I like the rest of the lads here dont think ur cursed, even though i have never met u i can tell by what u write in your posts that u a great guy. So go and enjoy your fishing in the old res mate.

PS, You havent been near the welsh rugby team and they are cursed or c**p or there again have you lolo

tight lines mate

Ray

where there is one bream there are many more

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:

PS, You havent been near the welsh rugby team and they are cursed or c**p or there again have you lolo

tight lines mate

Ray

where there is one bream there are many more

Ray,

Trev hasn't needed to go near the rabble you call a team. I have great pleasure in watching that shambles. In fact the only thing better is watching Llanelli play Cardiff and seeing 30 welshmen kicking the s**t out of each other. LOL

Trev,

I have told you before, you are a star, I have shook your hand and I haven't got the curse, unless you count Margaret not leaving me. LOL

See you at Semmer.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

RSSG member - are you?

Larry

Lazarus
Trev,
Of course your not cursed ,actually since i fished next to you in December at Issacc's my fortune's have gone from bad to bloody good ,Iv'e had some little set backs but my whole wellbieng at the present i'm 2-1/2stone lighter to boot. is the best its been for 3yrs also i'm getting all fishing tackle ready to go fishing all i need now is some New line for all my reel's &i'll be off . so dont get upset at a litle lighted hearted banter no one here really believes your cursed there just taking the p--s.Actually i'm a bit like your self things seem to go wrong when i'm around,if i borrow something it invariably break's or goe's wrong so your not on your own that things appear to go wrong or happen when you&i are around.perhaps it's our magnetic personalitie's. as i said like the others said iv'e fished next to you also shook your hand &like Geoff say's i'm not cursed.
So Tight Lines

Cheer's Larry

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Thanks lads, sorry, maudlin! too close to the day perhaps

and the Scotch!!! lol,

Still, since then I've blanked in the match
font tooth fell out!
Glasses broke!

Its happening to me again!
Hurray!
SNAFU

Cheers
Trev

norm

see trev

all went smooth

good day had by all

something has to happen when 15 blokes all meet and go fishing

i snapped my feeder tip but that was my stupid fault for not checking that the line was tangled around the top of the rod (doh!)

(if you go to the USA again will you post a shopping list on the forum first so we can all have some cheep gear)

see ya at semer (i may just spend the day spinning with ya)

it isn`t the size of the tiddler that counts

Status
Not open for further replies.