Drayton Reservoir Pre May 20th 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Date: 20th April

Just been down today to watch for a few hours the Fish O Mania qualifier.

It was a 100 peg sell out match but the fishing was peggy (normal this time of year), with hour n half left of the match most were struggling for a fish and about half had packed up.

The Dam was fishing best especialy peg 47, when i left he had 35 carp in the net between 5lb and low doubles fishing the Bagging Waggler at about 50 yds with bayoneted pellet on the hook.

Thought you might be interested to hear prior to our trip on May 20th.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

G

Thanks Malc, very interesting, i've been doing a bit of homework about Drayton{fone calls}, but i'm not telling anybody the info{LoL}.
Seems heavy gear is required?
See you on the 20th Malc, have you cut the jungle down yet mate[LoL]
What's the beers in the boozer mate, hope you like a cuppa tea.
Cya Malc

Andy

martin.

Account Locked
hi
they had better have the blackstuff over that way.
im counting the days down.
ive decided on pole i think with 14 lacy & 8lb line straight through
how deep is it at 5, 8, 11 & 14Ms just to give me a rough idea on lenght of rigs

tight lines.
martin.

Polepot

Poles
I visited the site today.

The Fish omania was won with around 235lbs. from peg 47

The Dam was the only area that was fishing and this seamed to be to the sailing club end.

Fish were being caught on the pole at 9 meters but also some anglers were using "method tactics" at about 30 meters. In the 30 minsI was there I saw 5 fish caught all between 5 and 12 lbs. fpom pegs 44 to 33.

The pole anglers were using 16 Elastic to 8 lb bottom. There were many baits being used but all the fish I saw caught were on spicy luncheon meat.

See ya on the 20th

Poles

Status
Not open for further replies.