Drayton Res ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlw

Hi Everyone,

well its the companys match in June at Drayton res again but this time we are fishing by the yacht club last time it was off the dam wall.

Spoke to Nige and he says if its low enough hes going paddling lol.

Is it easier fishing that side of the yacht club I have heard it is,

Has anyone got any good tips that may help cos its laid on that i will be the only woman again and this time i dont really want a dry net.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.
help.gif
Thanks JLW

MALC

Hi JLW,
When in June is your match as i only live 10 mins away from Drayton so can give you better details at the last min as to what is working.

Yes it is easier fishing than on the Dam as you got no worry about cars behind you.

Don't fish to light personaly i use 8 or 10lb main line on the Method & Bagging Wagg & 8lb straight through on the pole.

Bait wise it should be Pellet n Paste on the pole.
And Pellet/Paste/Meat & Boile on the Method & Bagging Wagg

Pegs 1 to 34 G
The depth is between 4 & 8 ft (at 8 to 12mtr) lower numbers shallower.

Pegs 1 to 10
If it's been warm for a week prior to the match these could throw up a big weight (200lb+) fishing on the pole (or running line) with Pellet n Paste fished from tight to the platform to about 10mtr as this is the shallow end where most fish move to when it first warms up after winter.
It can also be good on The Method fished just under half way across as there is a slightly deeper channel there and it always holds a few fish.

Pegs 11 to 33
Not as good a draw some fish may come to the Pole but best bet is The Method or Bagging Waggler.

Pegs 34 to 34 (A to G)
The winner will proberly come from these, they are on whats known as the Boards by the boat club all good Pole/Method & Baggin Wagg pegs. With the Method need to chuck between 50 & 60yds.

Hope that helps for starters if you need any more info just ask as i'm there a couple of times in April/May & June myself so will let you know whats happening.

Malc ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

jlw

Thanks Malc,

Thats a really great help the date is the 19th of June and its in the afternoon-evening.

Regards JLW

MALC

No problem JL the last time i'm there before your match is the 17th of June so i'll let you know whats happening then regards best methods.

Malc ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

jlw

Hi Malc,

I would appreciate that alot.

I think I better get some practise in with the pole before i go there.

Thanks alot

JLW

breambasher

hi weve only ever fished on the boards the yatch club side is an evil place if youre pegged on the first peg at the club then you want to be chucking in front of the club any where else i would stick to the pole @between 6-8mtrs feed loads of pellet at the start im talking like a kilo of soaked pellet then fish over it with paste or haired meat cat or luncheon keep feeding the pellet the fish come right in under the boards ho and by the way dont let go of yuor rod/pole at any time try the fox series 2 carp hooks tied direct to 10/12lb line good luck

im mad for it

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc is spot on with his statements re pegs on that side of drayton.1 tip i can give is if on the boards and you hook a fish that goes underneath them try stamping on the boards.It spooks the fish back out to open water.Pellets need to be taken and whatever method you decide to fish stick at it.Do not keep swapping around.The fish can switch onto your lines at a moments notice and 200lb is really a possibility in just a few hours.The fish are big so take your time playing them and make sure you try to land each one.Like malc i will be fishing there from may and will reply nearer the time with any info needed.

Keith

jlw

Hi Keith,

Thanks for that I dont think I will be using my pole as it was a gift and I dont think it would be capable of landing a large carp so I think I will use the method feeder, which I believe is quite effective, but stamping on the boards I will remember that as I didnt know about that drawing the fish back out.

Thank you. JLW

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Another method is the bagging waggler in the summer as you can catch a lot of fish off the top fishing from 3ft to 1ft deep.I am not very good at it so i couldn't possibly oblige on how to fish it properly but if Malcs reading he is better than me.

Del-J

' Victor '
Malc are you still on for monday
If so what sort of time will you be getting there
DJ.gif
Be lucky,
Del.

Status
Not open for further replies.