Double Elastic & Crowsfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksdar

Hello Guys,

Will be setting up my top kits shortly for fishing a few commercials over the Summer. Would appreciate some advice.

I prefer the 'crowsfoot' method for attaching pole line to elastic. Are there any known problems with doing this with doubled up elastic?

Also whilst on the subject. What size/type elastic for general commercial fisheries. I have four power top kits.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Darren

10slacky

Originally posted by jacksdar

Hello Guys,

Will be setting up my top kits shortly for fishing a few commercials over the Summer. Would appreciate some advice.

I prefer the 'crowsfoot' method for attaching pole line to elastic. Are there any known problems with doing this with doubled up elastic?

Also whilst on the subject. What size/type elastic for general commercial fisheries. I have four power top kits.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Darren
The main problem with the crows foot method is the line cutting through the elastic. Why not use the dacron connector it is so easy with double elastic and very cheap to buy on ebay.

sackup

BROWNING
same as 10slacky says, dacron is the newcrows foot in my eyes once is fitted theres no real need to touch the elastic and your rig goes over the dacron same as it would a crows foot. Also you would have to cut the loops in the elastic when youve tied the not for the crows foot, yes this is ok when using a single solid/hollow but with double one end could manage to slip free.

Will1991

I used doubled up preston slip number 4 today and was very impressed , very few fish bumped and landed a few upto 2 or 3 pounds no problem

kevin1954

Crows foot has one fundemental problem, hard line , however supple will ALWAYS cut into soft elastic over time, wheras dacron wont.

I converted this season and so far dacron wins on either single or double laccy , for multiple reasons, by a mile.[:T]

Kev

fish finder

callum
Originally posted by jacksdar

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Darren
what size carp do you think you will be catching in there mate[?][:W][:T]

hellsbells

Got to agree, Dacron every time. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300416180617&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

ryan1994

the thing with using crows foot on a doubled elastic is that u normally use elastics such as a 4,5 or 6 meaning they are very likely to be broken when the line digs into it.

mouse77

I've been using crowsfoot for years and never had the line cut into the elastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.