Don't Fish Like Me

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
@Neil ofthe nene.

Fishing is about how YOU choose to fish, not others. If it's brought you success, then why alter? Have you thought of the other side of the coin? You change to their way and what will happen? They get the bragging rights by saying...I taught him that. Don't give them the satisfaction.
You get a good 4g signal from up there don’t ya Peter ? Don’t sit too close to the lightening conductor though will ya pal. Just saying. 🤣👍😘

Total

Site Supporter
Yeah. This time next year. I may just be on top of my rig tying by then. Why I bought a box with so many rig trays I don’t know. I feel obliged to tie all my pole floats up now. Last week I took the decision to cut all my floats off their winders and re - tie them. Not exactly the smartest idea I’ve ever had. 🙄.
^^ Yep had a similar thought here when I was sorting my box/trays out...:rolleyes:.....I've always tied rigs on a 'need to' basis.....And I 'needed to' clear a load of unused rigs out....:ROFLMAO:......I've got more room for feeders now!:love::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
^^ Yep had a similar thought here when I was sorting my box/trays out...:rolleyes:.....I've always tied rigs on a 'need to' basis.....And I 'needed to' clear a load of unused rigs out....:ROFLMAO:......I've got more room for feeders now!:love::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You mean to say that you’ve not bought a motorised Guru feeder bag yet Mark ? It needs to be motorised the amount of feeders you’d get in there. 🙄 071576FF-C65B-4859-92E7-3B5D6B358E34.png

62tucker

Site Supporter
There’s a lot of threads on this site about pleasure fishing and Match fishing.
And a few who say they can’t pleasure fish and match fish only.
Others post that all fishing should be a pleasure.
But most moaning I see is from match fishing.
Bad peg. Bad wind. Rain.
If your not enjoying it maybe it’s time for a rethink.
Just my opinion as a observer as don’t match fish myself but each to there own. It’s a free country.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
There’s a lot of threads on this site about pleasure fishing and Match fishing.
And a few who say they can’t pleasure fish and match fish only.
Others post that all fishing should be a pleasure.
But most moaning I see is from match fishing.
Bad peg. Bad wind. Rain.
If your not enjoying it maybe it’s time for a rethink.
Just my opinion as a observer as don’t match fish myself but each to there own. It’s a free country.
I stopped match fishing because I wasn't enjoying it, I won a few, lost a few but getting back home after a rubbish match I would be in a foul mood, realised it was time to stop and jump off the merry go round. Now a day on the river is pure joy from start to end even if I don't catch much.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
For me the fun of match fishing was the opportunity of duffing up my mates a couple of times a month and picking up a few beer tokens on the way. It was never deadly serious but I get that for some it is.

I‘d go back to match fishing in a heartbeat if I could get into a club but I‘m just as happy pottering on a bank and picking up anything that’s feeding with zero pressure.

It shouldn’t be a “them & us” mentality between pleasure and match but rather an acceptance of different strokes for different folks.

JayD

I can empathise with you Neil, I have a similar problem.
Some people only fish matches, I stopped a long time ago.
Some like to fish with poles, I don't.
Some like to fish over stocked commercial fisheries, I won't, I hate the idea.
Some like to catch carp after carp, after carp, after carp, ad infinitum. I do my best to avoid them.
Some like to stuff 60 or 70 lb of carp into a single keepnet, I don't, but get told I shouldn't use them for 4 or 5 lb of roach.

All these anglers don't fish like me, and you know what? I couldn't give a minnows fart whether they do or don't.

Now if you were complaining about those who have/are changing waters trying to force you to fish like they do, then I would be stood shoulder to shoulder, with the banner held high supporting you. But you're not...... because you don't fish like me.

John