Don't Fish Like Me

rudd

Site Supporter
The way I see it, no matter who you are, how you fish or what kit you use - if you dont enjoy it, whats the point.

I had a rant on here a few weeks back about information sharing and about trying to out fish the group involved.
Since had a word with myself along the lines of - dont stress yourself out worrying about others - chill out and enjoy your own fishing.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
As you know Neil I fully support your 'Fishing my way' stance. I can't recall you ever telling anyone else that how they fish is all wrong. There is only one person that can truly validate your methods / tactics on the day and that's you. If you lost every match because other anglers in your club were constantly fishing at 16 Metres, then you would have to question whether to join them in a quest for an envelope or carry on fishing how you want to.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
At the end of the day you fish to your abilities as you see fit to enjoy yourself, once the fun stops it's time to rethink

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Neil, ask yourself, are you happy with how you fish and do you enjoy it?
If you can answer yes to both then that is all that matters, crack on and pay no heed to others.
You don't have to justify how you choose to fish to anyone. ;)

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I can’t see what his problem is personally, no one cares how he fishes, people have tried to offer advice yes, but he just gets the hump anyway! I offered to help him at Tunnel when he was fishing the vets national, but he threw that back in my face 💁‍♂️I think it’s attention seeking, and insecurity, if anyone thinks I’m out of order -tough

Total

Site Supporter
I can’t see what his problem is personally, no one cares how he fishes, people have tried to offer advice yes, but he just gets the hump anyway! I offered to help him at Tunnel when he was fishing the vets national, but he threw that back in my face 💁‍♂️I think it’s attention seeking, and insecurity, if anyone thinks I’m out of order -tough
^^ :oops:.....Behave yourself, you're better than that....(y).....Don't get drawn in.....Words on a screen etc etc......(y)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I reckon he needs to book a session with you Mick! :oops:;):p
Yeah. This time next year. I may just be on top of my rig tying by then. Why I bought a box with so many rig trays I don’t know. I feel obliged to tie all my pole floats up now. Last week I took the decision to cut all my floats off their winders and re - tie them. Not exactly the smartest idea I’ve ever had. 🙄.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
@Neil ofthe nene.

Fishing is about how YOU choose to fish, not others. If it's brought you success, then why alter? Have you thought of the other side of the coin? You change to their way and what will happen? They get the bragging rights by saying...I taught him that. Don't give them the satisfaction.