Dominican Republic fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfish

Hi everyone again.....i'm of to the Dominican Republic in 5 weeks time and am wondering if any of you out there know anything about fishing over there?. Not too fussed whether it's freshwater or sea water fishing....any help will be trully grateful....thanks.

jhinchley

Only fishing i found when i went was deep sea trolling for bill fish etc.
Its not cheap and if your really unlucky like i was you get to share the boat with some rather loud americans.
Still the weathers nice , the beers cold and it wont be raining so have a good hol.

poleroller

It cost me 40 for the deep sea fishing trip (trolling) had 1 short take and nowt else and no fish for the whole boat.
It looks good on the picys but imo its not worth it.

P.S. have a good dump before you go as I had the runs and tried a fart but sh@t me pants just before the bus collected us. A quick change was needed.

matt

hi mrfish, i agree with poleroller regrding trolling for big game fish - went to barbados a few years bck and paid equivalent of 60 quid for 5 hours fishing on one of the islands main charter boats and caught naff all. the best sport i found was fishing for small reef fish from the rocks with a 6'telescopic rod using bread as bait. there were also some small inlets just off the beach filled with brackish water which held a good head of hard fighting perch type fish of up to around a pound which hd a particular liking for steak (smuggled out of the hotel restaurant). who needs marlin when you can catch all manner of wierd and wonderful small fish from the shore lol[:D]

You cheeky monkey!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi MrFish,
The only thing needed is the company of ALL the MODERATORS from this fine forum.
Send us all a ticket and we'll be only too pleased to help.[:D][8D][;)][:)]

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

mrfish

I wish i could take you all....lol
Cheers for the help....think i'll just fish from the rocks and beaches...anyone know of a good telescopic rod to use?

jonesr

mrfish. Check out Shakespeares site,or in your tackle shop.I've taken 2 (1-12ft & 1-9ft) abroad for the last 12 years.As long as you wash them down in fresh water to remove the salt they are fine.They chuck leads upto 3/4 oz.which is plenty big enough.Line loaded about 10lb.(wash the reels as well!)They both pack into suitcases.
ron j

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.