Doing my Head in !

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
why, when someone asks you a question,

and you reply, I dont know

cant they just take it as that, rather than try to point out something of a similar nature and say,, Well you know how to do that !

when I say, I dont know, I mean I dont know and have no inkling of the correct answer or method of producing the expected results that the questioner wants

I may be able to point you in the direction I would take to find the answer, But at this time, I DONT KNOW !

( been conversing with the wench over the use of an I-phone for more than just making and recieving calls and texts )

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
why, when someone asks you a question,

and you reply, I dont know

cant they just take it as that, rather than try to point out something of a similar nature and say,, Well you know how to do that !

when I say, I dont know, I mean I dont know and have no inkling of the correct answer or method of producing the expected results that the questioner wants

I may be able to point you in the direction I would take to find the answer, But at this time, I DONT KNOW !

( been conversing with the wench )
Mine asks me to do something but tells me how lol. Or asks me a question and when i answer she will give me more questions or her own answer???

Silver fan 82

Usually goes something like this in my house
Her: "Where did you put my door keys?"
Me: " I gave them back to you"
Her: "Are you sure?"
Me: "Yeah".
Her: "Well I can't find them!"

At this point getting quite defensive and implying that I've lost them (you all know how it is).

Me: "Have you checked in your bag?"
Her : "Why would they be in there?"

Now to me thete is quite a logical answer to this question.

Me: "Maybe you put them in there" without thinking"?

So she looks in her handbag.

Her:" Found them!"
Me:" Wonderful dear!" ?

So a series of questions without real answers that doesn't really go anywhere, if only she had checked the obvious places first but we all know they are always right guys even when they are wrong right? ?

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
SWMBO - have you seen the glasses I wear when I am using the laptop?

No dear.

SWMBO - have you moved them?

I haven' seen them. Are they in the bedroom?

SWMBO - I never use them iin the bedroom, I left them on the table.

Geoff goes for a search. Found them!!

SWMBO - where were they?

On your bedside table.

SWMBO - Well who put them there?

I sigh, make no comment and put kettle on muttering under my breath, "women!!!!"

Silver fan 82

No dear.

SWMBO - where were they?

On your bedside table.

I sigh, make no comment and put kettle on muttering under my breath, "women!!!!"
Sounds familiar Geoff.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Looking for something in our house is the missus looking up from phone tv ECT and while not moving all bar swivel of the head cant see it, boy is the same go to bed room just to find out if 15 year old is still alive and not started to decompose but judging by the smell the jury is still out, i get asked seen the remote, reply no it's in your bedroom best you find it boy lift head can't see it, neither of them is capable of getting off ass to actually search as if just a cursory glance will suddenly reveal said item, at this point it off to shed to tinker with well anything. Ive so many hooks tied. And now my latest whip rigs. ( don't do pole )

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
On a slightly different note. I bought a sack of hemp to cook and put into small bags and freeze. The queer one, won’t let me cook it in her new kitchen on her new range cooker, so I have had to buy a small electric hob to go in the workshop?

On a slightly different note. I bought a sack of hemp to cook and put into small bags and freeze. The queer one, won’t let me cook it in her new kitchen on her new range cooker, so I have had to buy a small electric hob to go in the workshop?
Woman- Cook it? In the kitchen? What would you do that for? It's fishing bait isn't it?
Man- Walks away and bites lip, tongue, inside of cheek. Orders 3 x more expensive tinned hemp from Amazon ( other online shopping outlets are available!)
Woman- (Sees Amazon (delete as appropriate) account!) What have you bought this for? Surely there's a cheaper way?
Man- Walks away and bites lip, tongue, inside of cheek!
You could repeat, but it would be forever!???

tipitinmick

Site Supporter

No dear.

SWMBO - where were they?

On your bedside table.

?? Ive been married 35 years Geoff and for the first 5 of that I used to answer back the last 30 Ive just agreed with her. Its much simpler .... And quieter isnt it ? ??

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
@tipitinmick ......From day one, I've just nodded and walked away.....(y) :love: :ROFLMAO:.....A happy wife is a happy life....;)
I should have done what my dad did when he first got married. He made a right horlicks of any DIY job that my mum asked him to do. Subsequently after a few years my mum started getting tradesman in to do all sorts of jobs around the house leaving my dad to go about his fishing. I on the other hand made the mistake of doing a good job of any DIY tasks I was asked. Last year I put a new 22mm hardwood floor down in the hallway for my mum while my dad strode over me on his way to go fishing. Theres no justice is there ? He definitely had his head screwed on 60 or so years ago I know that. ????

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Two things annoy the living **** out of me when it comes to my wife. (nb this is not an exhaustive list)
Asks me to do something because she can't do it and then tells me in great detail, how to do it and why I am doing it wrong and how her Dad never did it like that. (47 years of doing that :mad: )

If we are going somewhere, we get to the point of getting into the car she will find a 100 jobs to do that can't be delayed.

Her
"Yes, dear, I know we have to go, but I just have to dead head these roses. Someone has to do it, and you won't. What difference will a few minutes make anyway"

Me in car with engine running
"Now, where did I leave that gun/knife/knife/garotte/club?"