Doing Daft Things...........

Scalper

NCP....
Account Locked
We've all done idiotic things and these are two of my many from today!!!!

I went to the rubbish Donalds drive through and stopped at the squark box and spoke my order as you do... So with that done I drove to the payment window and did the transaction and then.......
Don't ask me why - but I drove out of the drive through without stopping to get my grub!!!!
I was half way home when I realised what I had done!!!
Kin idiot!!!!.. :(

Also today - I've Just spent 30 seconds trying to get rid of a full stop in a word document on my screen only to find it was a speck of dust!!!

They don't come dafter than Scalper............

Last edited:

c oo ki e

o_O
lol! i would say you did yourself a favour in the long run.
micky d's is just not good for your health.
good on ya!
(y)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If it's any consolation I bet you're not the first :D

Scalper

NCP....
Account Locked
I'd throw it all into the back street for the sea gulls and Rats but I doubt that they are daft enuff to eat it and thus leave it to rot - there is so much c*ap in a maccies meal and they never degrade even when they are taken to a land fill!!!

The Milk shakes are good though - dunno if they are healthy or not but they sure are nectar!!!!!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
There was an animated gif of a tiny fly walking up and down a transparent background doing the rounds several years ago and I used it in a couple of posts on another site. It drove a few members mad try it swipe it off their screens :D

Scalper

NCP....
Account Locked
There was an animated gif of a tiny fly walking up and down a transparent background doing the rounds several years ago and I used it in a couple of posts on another site. It drove a few members mad try it swipe it off their screens :D

I remember them from decades ago - pain in the a*se!!!!!!!!!!!

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Here's one that could have had severe consequences ;) i was doing a job in Leeds Centre on one of the arcade shops, my job was done and ya cant drive onto the precincts after 10 am. Anyway i left my gear on the job to pick up early the next morning, in the meantime i found out Sean the lad in charge had got a Parking Ticket the day before and was spitting feathers, as it was timed 10:01 am :):) so saturday morning 9:30 ish i went to get my gear knowing Sean had parked at the bottom of the Precinct i went to the top, i saw him about to walk up so i ran down the next street banged a replica joke Parking ticket on his van and ran up and round to meet him :):) Got my gear and fecked off sharply :LOL::LOL: He returned to his van with another lad saw the ticket went bright red and proceeded to curse and swear whilst looking around for the traffic warden, Steve said to him what times it got on it ? he ripped it open to see where it said "Name" it said Jelly Head :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: needless to say his anger doubled and was on the phone to me laughing my ****** off on the hands free, god if he had seen a traffic warden :eek::eek::eek::eek: Steve writes the weekly fishing report in the Yorkshire Evening Post and said if you'd have seen his face :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
In my early twenties I was made redundant after the company I worked for went bust. As my girlfriend worked in the personnel dept at a local hospital I got a job as a porter for a few months to tide me over. Part of the job required taking deceased patients to the mortuary in what was nicknamed the 'Jolley Trolley.' The mortuary was a single story building located discreetly outside and away from the main hospital buildings. About two months in we had a strapping 6'2 lad join us, and I got to take him on a Jolley Trolley run. Part of the job was rolling the body, so that a metal tray, could be slid underneath and then lifted into the Jolley Trolley. It's part of the job and just something you have to get on with and do. I couldn't get this chap to step into the room. let alone help.

Long story short several of the long time porters had enough and told me to take him on a Jolley Trolley run in the middle of the night, but make sure he is at the front of the trolley, when you get to the mortuary and expect a surprise. We were just approaching the mortuary doors, a screaming figure, clad in a white bed sheet leapt off the mortuary roof, right in front of the lad. :eek::eek: Needless to say, he bolted, never clocked out and was never heard from again ! :oops: He probably, still recounts the day he came face to face with the un-dead !

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Not so much doing but saying daft things with me :censored: I was working upstairs in a church and you could see Just see through like a lattice ceiling down to the alter, you had to get water downstairs and walk through to get to where we were, i looked through and saw who i thought was my mate and shouted down " This is the voice of your conscience what have you been doing with the choirboys " He appeared behind me and said what ya doing ?:eek: It was only the vicar :(:(:(

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
???Wednesday I come on a job where I’ve done work over the years and saw one of the old blokes on the committee and said you look well ya getting plenty ? To be told his wife died last year??

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Many years ago I was working in an Intensive care unit. I had just removed some drugs from the controlled drugs cupboard when someone came to ask me something. While I was talking to her I noticed that the red light on the front of the open cupboard door was not on, which it should have been, so while still talking and not thinking I unscrewed the red plastic dome over the light and stuck my finger in to see if there was a bulb inside.
There wasn't
The socket was live
I came to some distance away :eek:

Scribe

Site Supporter
At least you were in the right place Sportsman :LOL:(y)

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
???Wednesday I come on a job where I’ve done work over the years and saw one of the old blokes on the committee and said you look well ya getting plenty ? To be told his wife died last year??

Foot in mouth Dave

Scribe

Site Supporter
Foot in mouth Dave

I think open mouth put both feet in and change mountain climbing boots, springs to mind. Bless you WO, we have all done it at some point. (y)