Dogs ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loosefeed

I have always taken my dog/dogs with me on most occasions .They are Jack Russels and love it [:D]. Love it when they just freeze on a solid hookup . Then comes the quiver upon seeing first glimpse of any species.[:)]

Anyone else take their "mate" with em ?

Cheers Shaun.

It was said that a float is one of the few things that is more pleasing in its disappearance than in its appearance !! "old quote"

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Oh yeah for sure lol. My spaniel is brilliant took her with me lure fishing and how she missed the crank bait and its 3 sets of trebles I dont know. She jumped for it as I cast. This was closely followed by a flying spaniel as she launched herself from 3 ft above river level in to it. That trip was cut very short.

chill out go fishing

Datafile2.asp

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Personally I hate the bloody things near me when I am fishing.

You want to take your dog for a walk, go some where else, who wants dog rubbish on the banks of a lake.

Geoff
Datafile3.asp

True friends are like good books. You don't always use
them but you know where they are when you need them.

Fishing Venues

lucky wayne

Account Locked
well after what i have seen of dogs on the bankside i have to wholeheartedly agree with geoff why take a dog anyway. last friday i sat next to a bloke with an alsation that whined or barked non stop combined with his lovely new bite alarm set on full blast i decided to go home early which ruined a great days fishing as i was doing ok till he turned up keep dogs off the bank i say or until you can at least control them properly im sure there are people who are responsible but the minority as usual spoil it for them

jimmy

Anyone who takes a dog with them should be banned
from the water.

Datafile4.asp

hull tyke

took my german shepherd once he laid behind me quitely while i set up then 1st cast in he followed cut short my days fishing my bait went all over but he enjoyed his swim.
steve [:D][:D]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Now now Geoff,

As you well know i take my likkle doggie with me sometimes as i did at Elvington, did you see his rubbish anywhere?

I walk him away from the bank in fact i took him off the site altogether & walked him along the road AND picked his rubbish up after he'd finished (in a nappy sack not my bare hand)!!

I have this great new game, its called "watch Sil chase the anti's" & believe it or not its rather a jolly old game don't you know.

Think about it, a gang of 5,10 or 15 anti's come along whilst you're fishing how many will be willing to tangle with my likkle poochy??

Alan
Datafile3.asp

Loosefeed

Thanks for the opinions lads.My dogs are not the pain in the rear variety.They are well trained unlike some
and never "rubbish" on the bank.

Some of the other guys even aqquired Jack Russels after
seeing mine all the time ,years ago.
Cheers shaun

It was said that a float is one of the few things that is more pleasing in its disappearance than in its appearance !! "old quote"

Apache

I dont mind people with dogs as long as they:

are under control,
Don't bark at anything that moves,
Don't nick my chum mixer,
Don't go for a swim through my lines,
Don't rubbish all over the place,
And will feed off antis for breakfast.

Tight Lines,
Matt

Datafile4.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.comPinkieDrowner's Forum (Under 18's only) - http://www.maggotdrowning.com/younguns

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
Come now Trogg, what would a little "pooch" like you need with a "likkle doggie" like you got to "see-off the Anti's"

As for picking up the rubbish in a nappy sack, from your "likkle doggie" a Black bin liner might be more appropriate and a number nine coal shovel !! WOT ! Talk about getting a handful, uuuuuurgh ....!!

catch you later, tight lines, dave....

Simon R

Site Supporter
The majority of waters I fish don't allow dogs anyway. None of my local commercials allow them and most stretches of river ban them due to the risk of 'Rover' thinking those white fluffy things with legs could do with a run round the field.

Personally I haven't got a problem with them so long as they stay quiet and stay out of the water - I'll even share my Chum Mixer with em if they're nice!

Tight Lines

Simon

Nick

I do not take my dog because she is a complete pain in the **** but provided the owners are responsible I do not see any reason why people should not. Live and let live!

You will generally find that the mess is from people who do not fish and like to walk by rivers and lakes.

Whats even worse is the mess that fishermen leave behind on the river banks, I am sick of picking up beer cans, maggot bags, general litter, chip papers etc.

Now that's a topic worth getting worked up about.

mikiluv

yeah, at least dog craps bio degradable. Its not dogs, its people who cause problems. I had my car broken into the other week whilst i was down the canal, didn't notice any dogs with screwdrivers knocking about. Last week my swim was disturbed by a gang of idiotic teenagers diving into the lake of a bridge (Howbrook nr Sheff) again no dogs in the vicinity.
If they are well behaved and quiet with a responsible owner whats wrong with allowing dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.