Does your Feeder................................?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
have you never heard a deer drinking

one day when fishing frant lakes, I was lucky enough to have some fallow deer come to the bankside whilel I was there fishing, it just seemed an apt description of a soft noise
I haven’t mate. As long as my feeder doesn’t make the same noise as the balls of ground bait I saw being thrown into our local canal last week I’d be happy. Those balls of crumb won’t have broken up yet. Where do some anglers get their ideas from ? 🤷‍♂️

lliopp

Site Supporter
All of the above. It definitely depends on how often I have recently fished with a feeder, practice, practice, practice.

Carl c

I try to feather it in sometimes goes in nice sometimes a bit of a splash,I don't like using the line clip though, mind you last week when I was fishing the fella next to me sounded like he was chucking house bricks in ;)

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
And there was me thinking this was an update on an old song.

Does your feeder lose its flavour on the bedpost overnight?

As for the splash. I think many people use too heavy a feeder that is bound to make a large splash.

smiffy

Site Supporter
Loving the duck fart analogy pal. 🤣🤣
As kids, once we got bored with fishing, we’d throw stones as high as we could into the lake, aiming to get that duck fart sound. Small round stones were best😂
If I get that sound from a feeder it means I haven’t hit the clip.
I thought it was a well known term.

Dropon

I try and feather it down on cast of 30 to 40 yards.
There is one commie snake lake I fish that is about 10 yards wide, I have fished method feeder on the pole across to far side there in inclement weather . I found I got quicker bites by slapping it in than by lowering it in. Sometimes they were on it as soon as it hit the water.

Dropon

I try and feather it down on cast of 30 to 40 yards.
There is one commie snake lake I fish that is about 10 yards wide, I have fished method feeder on the pole across to far side there in inclement weather . I found I got quicker bites by slapping it in than by lowering it in. Sometimes they were on it as soon as it hit the water.

Dropon

Be careful on method with a pole, if fish runs and hook comes out the feeder comes out the water like a missile.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
As kids, once we got bored with fishing, we’d throw stones as high as we could into the lake, aiming to get that duck fart sound. Small round stones were best😂
If I get that sound from a feeder it means I haven’t hit the clip.
I thought it was a well known term.
You do realise we’re all going to be trying that on our next feeder sessions don’t ya ? 🤣🤣👍

smiffy

Site Supporter
You do realise we’re all going to be trying that on our next feeder sessions don’t ya ? 🤣🤣👍
I can think of a few winter leagues when there could have been groups of grown men chucking stones into the venue to get the best duck fart thanks to boredom.

Total

Site Supporter
I haven’t mate. As long as my feeder doesn’t make the same noise as the balls of ground bait I saw being thrown into our local canal last week I’d be happy. Those balls of crumb won’t have broken up yet. Where do some anglers get their ideas from ? 🤷‍♂️
Did you catch on them later in the afternoon?:oops:

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Currently more of a splodooosh, akin to a reasonably sized asteroid dropping in from a not inconsiderable height, hence my post earlier in the week.

Following a practice session on Friday my feeders will be landing on the water like a skinny ninja with sore feet👍👍

Total

Site Supporter
Boxing Day pal. 🤣🤣

Evening young Mark.
Good evening Mick...What year though?:unsure:

Is it ok to post now?.....Have the nasty people left us alone now mate?......I've been in therapy all day worrying about it...:( .....A been through two sets of 'worry beads':oops:

pedro1098

feeder fishing is a art, its like throwing a dart , some are better than others , you can teach mixes/baits/ etc but casting is something in you