Does my new box look vaguely familiar?

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’ve just bought a Garbolino seatbox from a member whose just got a Rive one. It may look familiar to some in the know.

I’ve fitted a backrest which I don’t think has ruined the look of it. I really need it though. I’m thinking about getting Custom Seatbox Seats to reupholster the backrest with the maggotdrowning logo on it.

I’ve had to do a bit of work to get my accessories to fit as my old box has square legs. So far I’ve sorted out my feeder fishing setup. The two pole rests on my left are for my landing net. I’ve got an accessory bar and three keepnets but, as I don’t fish matches, I’ve never used them. They will fit though.

My pole fishing setup is also coming together. I’ve got another ripple bar like the one with my butt rest on for a pole sock on the middle right leg and a 6 bump topkit roost to go behind me.

B5E08505-557E-4276-90D8-6D2BAC32BC20.jpeg EAF993BF-8088-4F02-9B60-CC5B9A14EB13.jpeg 322625C4-00B6-4BE5-8ADF-545EB376724F.jpeg 4305558E-4ED9-4D6A-9239-259E773D1F28.jpeg CF6B9C33-4B3B-4050-8297-3DA2693E5C1E.jpeg

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’m thinking of repainting the backrest brackets blue. It would look a lot better.

It’s a brilliant box, I can’t tell you how pleased I am with it. It’s really solid, has masses of storage and is fairly light for what it is.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It looks the business Mark, good work on the backrest, I might have sprayed the supports satin black to match though ;)

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
It looks the business Mark, good work on the backrest, I might have sprayed the supports satin black to match though ;)
Either that or blue like the frame I thought. They look all wrong at the moment.

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
Pic 3= "a lot less bovver then a hover" looks like it should have little jets coming out of its feet, (jet mobility scooter) bet you wish it did.
Anyway, could be worse it could have been a Rive Seatbox! ;)

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
"Looks practically unused, did the bloke ever go fishing?"

No but he went shopping on it twice a week 😂

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
"Looks practically unused, did the bloke ever go fishing?"

No but he went shopping on it twice a week 😂
The bloke runs some kind of fishing website. I think he just sits in a darkened room with his computer and never goes out.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I’ve just bought a Garbolino seatbox from a member whose just got a Rive one. It may look familiar to some in the know.

I’ve fitted a backrest which I don’t think has ruined the look of it. I really need it though. I’m thinking about getting Custom Seatbox Seats to reupholster the backrest with the maggotdrowning logo on it.

I’ve had to do a bit of work to get my accessories to fit as my old box has square legs. So far I’ve sorted out my feeder fishing setup. The two pole rests on my left are for my landing net. I’ve got an accessory bar and three keepnets but, as I don’t fish matches, I’ve never used them. They will fit though.

My pole fishing setup is also coming together. I’ve got another ripple bar like the one with my butt rest on for a pole sock on the middle right leg and a 6 bump topkit roost to go behind me.

View attachment 39651 View attachment 39652 View attachment 39653 View attachment 39654 View attachment 39655
Very nice Mark. 👍. I don't know, new seat box, new van ... You won the pools or summat ? 😆😆👍