Does anyone want to own their own fishery....?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Know a lot of fishery owners around my area and although quite a few used to fish,not many do now.
I would imagine that over time the business element would suck the enjoyment out of the sport.

Fishing the same pegs, for the same fish and in the same way soon loses its appeal,imagine that if you could do it even more.
Got permission to fish a quarry. Loved it. Only me and son Fished it. But only 2 pegs fishable really. When winter came We ware catching same pike every weekend.
Caught it at about 6 lb. and was 13 lb when we were getting it all the time. Caught it 2 days running once. Never fished for pike again there. Felt sorry for it.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
In a way having a local stretch of free river to fish feels like owning my own fishery, plus side is the stock seems to rotate naturally. I had times when I felt disheartened by catching the same fish there over different sessions but now it seems there's different fish in there every time.

62tucker

Site Supporter
In a way having a local stretch of free river to fish feels like owning my own fishery, plus side is the stock seems to rotate naturally. I had times when I felt disheartened by catching the same fish there over different sessions but now it seems there's different fish in there every time.
I have about 4 mile of a small steam to fish up Northumberland. Only small brown trout in it but love it. I am only one who fishes it.
I walk it in wellies without a rod. Making dams. Creating small pools and altering rapids.
So I can just drop float in from behind a tree and watch float drift down. Love it. So tranquil and good for the mind.

Last edited:

Sportsman

Site Supporter
I do as does two English friends here. Mine is the smallest just 6000 sq metres. Both friends are about ten acres each. I started up a club, Roussac Amilcale Péche Sociéte, (see facebook) and we have about 40 members. for 10euros a year they can fish all year round except on match days and days before matches. The lake holds carp, catfish, bream, tench, roach, rudd, and perch. On site is a disabled platform and also toilet facilities picnic benches and BBQ .
Hi
I am about 90km south of you, near Thiviers.
When everything gets back to more normal, I might come up for a couple of days fishing. I assume that you have a chambre d'hote somewhere near?

Silure

Site Supporter
Hi
I am about 90km south of you, near Thiviers.
When everything gets back to more normal, I might come up for a couple of days fishing. I assume that you have a chambre d'hote somewhere near?
Good Afternoon.
There is one in Buis, the next commune to ours. Bellac is nearby and have several also a very good tackle shop. There are several rivers nearby including the Vienne which is full of carp bream zander big roach and catfish.