Does anyone else remember ...

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice one mate, Saint Troggy! Now there's nice😇
Feckin saint Troggy.... i'll give you saint Troggy you bald bonced chocolate ball!!

good work mate, but just maybe calm down a little, carry on like that you may just get your arse handed back to you!!!
I grew up travelling, i have been a doorman for more years than i care to remember... my arse has been handed to me that many times i'm amazed it's still there and i still haven't learnt my lesson 😂😂😂

The only reason you did the pushing was because with your belly you couldnt fit behind the steering wheel !
It was a Micra.... we aren't all Leprechauns like you!!

leprechaun.jpg

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
The days when people would stop and help a broken down motorist??

Just been down B&Q with a neighbour, as we were leaving there was a huge queue of traffic, not rare on Lichfield road but still unexpected at 1030 with no roadworks etc going on.

As we approached the lights Jen says, "there's a car in the middle of the junction", we slowly get closer and you could see hands waving out of windows doing certain kinds of signs, closer still and you could see the hands going up inside cars and hear the shouting....as we get behind it i pull over into the bus stop and go up to the car.

I tap on the window and my heart sunk, little old fella nearly sh*te himself and looks up at me with tears streaming down his face he puts the window down a little bit and says "i'm sorry, i'm sorry it won't go it just stopped' .

I smile at him at say "no worries pal, let the handbrake off and i'll push you round the corner out the way, i'll do the easy bit you do the hard bit and steer it over there ok" and i point at a space by the kerb.

It was only an old micra so i start shoving and as we start going around the corner the **** in the car behind shouts '****ing hell, can't you push faster'

I spun my head round and shouts back "tell you what you fat ****, when i'm done here i'll come ram your teeth so far down your throat your mummy will have to pick them out of your nappy' ....he drove off without waiting...no idea why??🙄

Anyway, gets the old fella parked up against the kerb, checks he's ok, tells him to stop being daft for trying to give me a tenner, ignores his insult at calling me a saint, accepts his handshake and walks back to my motor.....

I hope the next person i find broken down is a big fat git with jowels that would make an English bulldog jealous, wearing a manky looking yellow vest and driving a BMW X5.... i owe him some dentistry 😈
Well done Trogg there are only a few of us left ,top man 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
The days when people would stop and help a broken down motorist??

Just been down B&Q with a neighbour, as we were leaving there was a huge queue of traffic, not rare on Lichfield road but still unexpected at 1030 with no roadworks etc going on.

As we approached the lights Jen says, "there's a car in the middle of the junction", we slowly get closer and you could see hands waving out of windows doing certain kinds of signs, closer still and you could see the hands going up inside cars and hear the shouting....as we get behind it i pull over into the bus stop and go up to the car.

I tap on the window and my heart sunk, little old fella nearly sh*te himself and looks up at me with tears streaming down his face he puts the window down a little bit and says "i'm sorry, i'm sorry it won't go it just stopped' .

I smile at him at say "no worries pal, let the handbrake off and i'll push you round the corner out the way, i'll do the easy bit you do the hard bit and steer it over there ok" and i point at a space by the kerb.

It was only an old micra so i start shoving and as we start going around the corner the **** in the car behind shouts '****ing hell, can't you push faster'

I spun my head round and shouts back "tell you what you fat ****, when i'm done here i'll come ram your teeth so far down your throat your mummy will have to pick them out of your nappy' ....he drove off without waiting...no idea why??🙄

Anyway, gets the old fella parked up against the kerb, checks he's ok, tells him to stop being daft for trying to give me a tenner, ignores his insult at calling me a saint, accepts his handshake and walks back to my motor.....

I hope the next person i find broken down is a big fat git with jowels that would make an English bulldog jealous, wearing a manky looking yellow vest and driving a BMW X5.... i owe him some dentistry 😈
Nice one Trogg mate!

Foul hooked

Saw something similar when driving down to south wales on holiday earlier this year. Big hold up on approach to roundabout and when we got there, there was a car towing a big camping trailer and its axle had broken or wheel bearings gone as it was keeling over with the offside wheel sticking out at a funny angle. It was an old couple in the car, he was valiantly trying to move the rig whilst his missus was directing traffic around. Myself (and mrs FH) and the driver in front stopped and got out to try and help. fortunately i always carry a tow rope and shackle and between us we managed to get the trailer unhitched and pulled to the side. while we were at it there were streams of traffic passing by, nobody else thought to give a hand and several hurled abuse along the lines of should not be on the road if its not fit etc. One bloke (in an audi SUV what else) even suggested in very uncomplimentary terms that the couple should not be on the road if they were too old to push their vehicle out of the way by themselves. My response was somewhat salty to say the least. I also took his number and reported the incident to the police when they arrived to cordon off the broken down vehicle until the AA arrived. don't suppose they did anything about it though. For the rest of the journey i was praying that we came across him further down the road upside down in a ditch and you can rest assured that the tow rope would have remained firmly locked away in the boot.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
I'm usually a helpful soul, but there are too many people using breakdowns as a ruse to scam or hurt you. I'm afraid I wouldn't have stopped if I was on my own.