Doctor Who

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
When The Doctor regenerated as a woman I dismissed it out of hand. The Doctor is not female, end of. So I never even watched a single episode.
Today, with time on my hands (no pun intended), I was channel-surfing and came across an episode just about to start. So I resolved to give it a fair chance.
I watched the entire episode, beginning to end. I made myself dismiss any preconceptions and biases.

.....What a huge pile of donkey poo it was! (n)(n)(n)

I can only liken it to the "ridiculous" Doctors, e.g. Sylvester McCoy et al.

Roll on regeneration #15

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
We watched a few when the Dr regenerated.... what a load of woke, left wing, PC-minded drivel with a strong political undercurrent.

So no... did not go down well in our household.

nejohn

Site Supporter
It's not just the doctor being a woman, I think if the plots were decent I could live with that, what gets me about the last ones is the very badly disguised PC messages that the BBC is continually ramming down people's throats.... Are they completely incapable of screening 1 hour of escapism

genesis

Account Locked
Not what it was and not been on the planner for a few years now.

dave the fish

Site Supporter
The wife has suggested it would have been better if Bradley Walsh had been the Doctor.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
This may explain why my Labour supporting very good friend and Dr Who fan loves it. I have not watched an episode for many years.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
That's why I don't watch TV anymore. Watched the film Dr Who and the Daleks recently and did not think much of it. Only got vague memories of the original series but the most memorable thing is the music by Delia Derbyshire.

derbyshire.jpg

A pioneer of electronic music along with...

Pauline Oliveros

oliveros.jpg

Daphne Oram

oram.jpg

Suzanne Ciani

ciani.jpg

and Eliane Radigue

radigue.jpg

You could say I have a type looking at that lol.

SeanB

Site Supporter
To be fair I don't mind Jodie Whitaker or the Dr being a woman, it's the crappy story lines and pc ideas being forced on the viewers that spoils it for me - doesn't matter how good the main actor is if the material they have to work with is garbage.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
When The Doctor regenerated as a woman I dismissed it out of hand. The Doctor is not female, end of. So I never even watched a single episode.
Today, with time on my hands (no pun intended), I was channel-surfing and came across an episode just about to start. So I resolved to give it a fair chance.
I watched the entire episode, beginning to end. I made myself dismiss any preconceptions and biases.

.....What a huge pile of donkey poo it was! (n)(n)(n)

I can only liken it to the "ridiculous" Doctors, e.g. Sylvester McCoy et al.

Roll on regeneration #15
YE GODS AND LITTLE FISHES !!! :eek:o_O

"Michaela Coel could be replacing Jodie Whittaker in the BBC series"

1626890339587.png
Michaela Coel

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Big Tom was dr when I watched it. Never seen it since. It’s been on when I’ve visited people and always looked/sounded cheesy

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
I watched it when William Hartnell was the first doctor, after that it just dissolved into a load of rubbish!

Ian67

Loved Doctor Who as a kid Baker,Pertwee was my era,Chris Eccleston was ok but then it went into a slow decline of woke nonsense,never in my days expect to see a female Doctor,sorry just not for me ,apparently the new doctor is non binary and maybe a bit light on his feet,its another piece of British culture that the BBC has destroyed ,it just convinces me more that cancelling my woke tax was the right thing to do....

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I’ve tried so hard to watch the newer doctors as all the kids I work with love the show but the writing is dire, almost as if they are trying too hard, and I can’t connect with it.