Docklow pools

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Just wondered if anybody has been recently, l have got a week booked there soon, as a replacement trip for not going to ireland this year.
I would like to know what hook baits have been the best to use, l intend to take a variety of pellets to use on hair rigged bands etc. I will be travelling very light for this trip, as the other half is coming with me, and this will be her first break since before lockdown as she has been self isolating so she could help care for her mum, who is starting to get quite frail now in her 90s, and lives over 40 miles away.
My sessions at Docklow will mostly be for just a couple of hours before we go out exploring the area.
Also any favourate pools, without so many carp, if thats even possible? I will only be fishing the tip, and wont have a pole or waggler rod with me for this trip.
Any advice appreciated, thanks

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Have a look on Moby Dick and Mickey Mouse lakes for good silvers and the Tench pool o course (although there are carp in there) 6mm pellets over micros and maggots , corn and meat also work well on all lakes... (the 6mm banded ringers wafters are a good hooker as are the pellets sold onsite) the snake used to be good for silvers but is now choked with weed

Addendum... you have to use the site pellets for feed... they work well though

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Cheers Arry, l knew about only using the site pellets, looking forward to visiting the place for the first time, and if all goes well l might return next year with my fishing pal for a proper fishing break.

davej1981

Only fished it once many years ago in the 90s while i was on holiday, I remember it being a lovely place with good fishing