Do You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishing Kid

for cat meat do you just go and by a tin of cat food from the shop with meat in and can you hair rigs it or can you just hook it

Cheers

rdoherty

Happily Blanking!
Depends which brand etc because different brands hve different textures.

If it is soft then pulling the hook through the meat using a baiting needle then turning it 90 degrees and pulling it slightly back through should work.

Or, you could just hair rig it!

rdoherty

Happily Blanking!
Again, depends how tough the cat meat is but in most cases, it shouldn't. Just be careful with the casting.

newies_maggots

i use the tesco 17p ones thats in a bag not a tin, i find it harder and easier to hair rig.

and they stink

me

use coshida and just hook it.

Dean07 how the **** do you bait band cat meat thinking.gif

Dean07

Get A Small Section Like A Cube
Then Put The Band Over It :-D
It Is Quite Hard, But It Does Stay On For Me

Steve Beavan

Originally posted by rdoherty

The cat meat would just squash... I'm confused [:eek:)]

If you have fairly soft band you can use a baiting needle to streach it and push the meat onto it then let the band expand inside the meat, this works ok is the cat meat isn't too soft.

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Coshida is widely recommended in the Angling Press and is cheap and available in Lidl.

Alternatively Whiskas pouches can be bought with about 40 chunks in Jelly in a cracking Tuna flavour that is unbeatable, its firm, great size and fished well with one piece directly on a size 10/12 or 2 directly onto a 6/8 for the bigger fish.

Can be easily Hair rigged using two pieces with a baiting needle.

Last edited:

me

Originally posted by Adymon

Coshida is widely recommended in the Angling Press and is cheap and available in Lidl.

the oridginal coshida that everyone inc me raves on about cant be got any more. lidls have changed it and the new stuff is called opticat. The reason i say i use it is because when it was being discontinued i brought 10 trays of the stuff [;)]

CaRp Kidd

Speedy
hi lol im fishing kid cant get on comp to log on to that name as i do not no the passwword and cant get opn to the email was wondering
How much hair rigs average price coz going fishing on sunday pre-baiting up to moz witth cat meat and did not want to go in to tackle shop cozx had no money with me at time and they always suspicous they follow you every where so would be really gratefull if you could tell me average price of hair rigs because need to no how much to take to the tackle sahop tomoz
Cheers[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.