Do you think we should sack fishing off until we come out of this lockdown ?

Do you think we should sack fishing off until we come out of this lockdown ?

• Yes

Votes: 45 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 44 45.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters

Total

Site Supporter
Hello Mick, supposed to warm up a bit in the next day or two, tiny float and equally tiny bit of bread I will count just a few small
roach as a success.

I know people on here don`t mean things personal but I do not like being labelled `I`m alright Jack`. Been political all my life and
my fellow working men and women are dear to my heart. Yes that sound corny but it`s true.

Bought some maggots online {Willy`s}, first time I have ever done this. If Boris decides to ban fishing again he owes me twelve quid!
You're alright Mr PG.....:)(y).......Get out and fish my friend and enjoy.....Be safe....;)

Pompous git

Site Supporter
£12 for maggots😲 jeez, they've gone up😧
I would much rather buy from the shop {I assume they are still doing click and collect} but I`m trying to avoid shops full stop. I
can wipe the parcel and contents over whilst tubbing them then clean my hands so will be ok.

Twelve quid buys me some reds/bronze and a tub of small worms along with next day delivery, all in all a fair price.

When covid19 first came about I took the attitude if it kills me hard luck but I will do what I can not to infect me my family and
others. Now with the vaccine actually here and being rolled out I`m taking a much more serious view of it, so near so far so to speak.
Will have to pay a visit to Tesco in the next week or so and this is where the real risk lies.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I would much rather buy from the shop {I assume they are still doing click and collect} but I`m trying to avoid shops full stop. I
can wipe the parcel and contents over whilst tubbing them then clean my hands so will be ok.

Twelve quid buys me some reds/bronze and a tub of small worms along with next day delivery, all in all a fair price.

When covid19 first came about I took the attitude if it kills me hard luck but I will do what I can not to infect me my family and
others. Now with the vaccine actually here and being rolled out I`m taking a much more serious view of it, so near so far so to speak.
Will have to pay a visit to Tesco in the next week or so and this is where the real risk lies.
I’m more worried for you going to Tesco’s now PG. My missus is allowed in one hour before us mere mortals are and says that if she wasn’t she wouldn’t go. Last week she went in ‘ normal ‘ times and said that a lady had reached over her to get some bread. People are so quick to forget aren’t they ? Stay safe mucker and let us know how you get on please. 👍

martin22

Site Supporter
To live your life everyday hiding away in fear of dying then you may as well allready be dead!
Any one of us could get struck down tomorrow (god forbid) and not just by this corona virus,I’d like to think if it happened to me I’d spent as much time as possible doing the things I love rather than locking myself away so no I don’t think fishing should be sacked off 👍

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter

Go as late as possible ,sanitise before after and during ,you can get little sanitizer bottles . Mask up and even get a face shield fir a few quid . Hope you enjoy your day 😊

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Very simple no indeed. Whilst the science continues to say the risk outside is a minuscule risk far outweighed by the mental and physical benefits then anything outside that’s solitary or at least non contact should be encouraged for its positive effect on well being and the national purse. Hell it even gets people out of the enclosed spaces where the virus thrives! The science says it’s pretty damn safe and I’m not one to deny science 👍🏻

TrickyD

Site Supporter
I voted yes, not because I think it is unsafe, I think it is at least as safe as going shopping and safer than many other things. The reason I won't go is the sheer ignorance and dim-wittedness of plod.

DFL

Site Supporter
With the messages becoming more direct and frequent I wonder if anyone has had a change of mind.

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
With the messages becoming more direct and frequent I wonder if anyone has had a change of mind.
Nope, not me. It's still a NO. You can only ever catch the virus from someone else (save eating a bat). So the simple message is 'stay away from other people'. Not that difficult is it?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Nope, not me. It's still a NO. You can only ever catch the virus from someone else (save eating a bat). So the simple message is 'stay away from other people'. Not that difficult is it?
Indeed 👍🏻

If you can keep yourself away from people and are capable of cleaning your hands then unless you go licking gates and fences you’ll do well to catch it outdoors. It’s when you’re shut inside with people that it basically becomes Russian roulette.

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
I put undecided when the post went up but 5 days into lockdown my local club posted they were stopping fishing on all our waters, I posted to support the no fishing and they are reviewing it end of January, all out fisheries are gated and padlocked.
I have seen local figures and they continue to drop over the past 7 days so likely they will reopen end Jan.