Do you think we should sack fishing off until we come out of this lockdown ?

Do you think we should sack fishing off until we come out of this lockdown ?

• Yes

Votes: 45 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 44 45.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I'm inclined to say if the location is very local, perhaps within three miles of you.

crumpercatcher.

Site Supporter
NO! It should be down to personal circumstances. I can fish rarely fished, deserted stretches of river & farm ponds only I have access to fish. There is very, very little chance of me spreading or catching COVID in those circumstances. Both are less than two miles from home.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Yes - people are stupid and cannot follow rules!
Many are good though and need the escape for sanity . I havent been since August but i really have itchy feet now. For all the good ones who adhere to the rules i congratulate you ,for the others please get some common sense before you mess it up or worse spread more of the sheety virus . I think this will be with us all year myself until they get the vaccine to the majority of people . If i do go out it will be local ,on my own ,bait ordered online ,if everyone followed that path then there is not an issue for me .

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
sorry but few ruin it for the masses - Fishing should have been banned, much more important things than fishing currently

I follow the rules but clearly some dont and its not even a small percentage from the people posting and answering in various places, a full ban is the only thing that makes sense, removes any grey areas as well

PS @Dave can we argue the result if we do not agree with it i.e. Trump Stylee????

Zerkalo

The spot I fish I can fish safely. I'm from a family of GPs and with their advice they say it is safe for me to go fishing there. I went today so I'm clearly going to vote no. As for the argument that there will be other people who fish places that it's not safe, from what I can see, there will be plenty of people who bend the rules in many walks of life and the impact of allowing fishing will be minimal additional harm if any. I want a vaccine and there are people who will say you're still not safe, but vaccines will be much better than nothing and part of the only viable way out of this.

satinet

sorry but few ruin it for the masses - Fishing should have been banned, much more important things than fishing currently

I follow the rules but clearly some dont and its not even a small percentage from the people posting and answering in various places, a full ban is the only thing that makes sense, removes any grey areas as well
You're more isolated fishing they walking down the street. Most pavements aren't even 2m wide.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
lol why are people quoting my post? answer the poll like i did, it should be banned as per my opinion (and 12 others so far), im not asking you to agree with it or me to justify it, i can go fishing 1000 times easier than most but im not thinking of just me as that is selfish, im thinking of the whole country and the situation we are in same as i go shopping once a week and i walk at 7am and 7pm when there is literally no one on the sea front. Best advice is treat this lockdown as though you actually have covid! makes the most sense to me!!!!!

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
To be fair, If people don't have the common decency to obey rules when doing something as simple as fishing which shouldn't even entail getting close to other people then I certainly can't see them obeying rules in everyday lockdown life.... They're probably a million times less damaging on the bank than they are on the streets. (y)

robert d

Site Supporter

I value your opinion and sadly your correct there have been quite a few not taking it seriously enough . I personally think its schools ,work places ,public transport, supermarkets ,shops, causing the majority of the spread along with the idiots in large groups partying . Im guessing but i think fishing matches were run mostly correctly and to the rules before . Pleasure fishing now can be done safely . Just my honest opinion .

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Sorry Robert i didnt mean to sound rude or anything, i just ment there are 13 of us who said it should be banned was all i ment.

The thing is its a rule for everyone across the whole country, people really do not seem to be taking it seriously and they will only be happy when every bed in the NHS is full with sick and dying patients with Covid, never mind that we do not know the future complications for those who have caught Covid and recovered from it, its all very Blaise and I know several people who have died from it, had it and recovered and have it currently.

I fully agree that fishing is fully safe and can be done in a fully safe manner, hell even match fishing can be done safely but the thing is the few ruin it for the masses, same as i can walk 150yds and be sea fishing in 3 mins with bait from my freezer! i am very lucky compared to a lot of people and i really do sympathise with all those that follow the rules and go about their daily lives and activities inline with all teh guidance and rules and use their own common sense and common decency to get through this and minimize the risk to themselves and their families but is giving up fishing for a few weeks really that big a hardship in the grand scheme of things?

There are however, the few who post on here and other places that clearly do not give a flying **** about anything covid related and are selfish beyond belief! those people i wouldnt even talk to in a public space so i ignore them on here and other places to save my own sanity as no one (and i had some "friends" to use teh term loosely a few months ago who showed their true colours before i deleted them) who is selfish that has any part to play in my life.

This pandemic has shown how stupidly far we have all fallen into the trap of p8ssy footing around and every decision being meticously dissected so people can stick up two fingers and do what the hell they like (and MPs who just want to score points and couldnt give two hoots about anyone else) and how PC this bloody crappy world has become! its sickening to be honest. Anyone breaking any rule should be fined 6 months wages and forced to watch 168hrs of people in hospital dying and on ventilators and watch nurses and drs detailing their daily activates to drive home how serious this is!!!

Last edited:

robert d

Site Supporter
Sorry Robert i didnt mean to sound rude or anything, i just ment there are 13 of us who said it should be banned was all i ment.

The thing is its a rule for everyone across the whole country, people really do not seem to be taking it seriously and they will only be happy when every bed in the NHS has sick and dying patients with Covid never mind that we do not know the complications for those who have caught Covid and recovered from it, its all very Blaise and know several people who have died from it, had it and recovered and have it currently.

I fully agree that fishing is fully safe and can be done in a fully safe manner, hell even match fishing can be done safely but the thing is the few ruin it for the masses, same as i can walk 150yds and be sea fishing in 3 mins with bait from my freezer! i am very lucky compared to a lot of people and i really do sympathise with all those that follow the rules and go about their daily lives and activities inline with all teh guidance and rules and use their own common sense and common decency to get through this and minimize the risk to themselves and their families.

There are however, the few who post on here and other places that clearly do not give a flying **** about anything covid related and are selfish beyond belief! those people i wouldnt even talk to in a public space so i ignore them on here and other places to save my own sanity as no one (and i had some "friends" to use teh term loosely a few months ago who showed their true colours before i deleted them) who is selfish has any part to play in my life.

This pandemic has shown how stupidly far we have all fallen into the trap of cat footing around and every decision is meticously dissected so people can stick up two fingers and two what the hell they like and and PC this bloody crappy world has become! its sickening to be honest
Thank you Gingert ,no apology needed ,i didnt take any offence . It is a very serious pandemic and all opinions are welcome .

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
the thing is the rule breakers, rule benders, stroke pullers, deniers, free speech or whatever they like to define themselves as will never change their mind so i do not bother arguing anymore with them! its simply soul destroying so better to save my own sanity - you have to have good to have bad i spose and there are people who follow rules and people who do not!

satinet

I saw some some elderly people stood in the middle of a country t junction talking today. One couple and one other socially distanced. Literally in the middle of the junction at the give way marking.

It was foggy with visibility about 50m.