Do you ask if you can fish next to someone?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
If the good pegs on the stretch of water are limited then its a risk you run.
Better to just not do it,avoid any potential confrontation and hopefully have a nice day just left alone.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I suppose on the other side of things that’s why he couldn’t really say anything to me about trotting too close to him as I was there first and he would have seen where I was fishing as he was setting up. There was no conflict so not really an issue but on the other hand 90% of people do ask.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
"I suppose on the other side of things that’s why he couldn’t really say anything to me about trotting too close to him as I was there first"

Like your style and I will remember it when launching my 4oz Carp leads into far bank margin Commie swims - "sorry mate ,here first and swim was empty":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Now I know you don’t like people bashing Carp anglers, or anyone else for that matter, but I have made that exact mistake once before myself at Kingsnordley. My fault that time, admittedly. I don’t recall once someone being asked to move peg though, maybe because people are too polite.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Not just Carp anglers mate but anyone who wants to bash another because they want to do things a different way.
People get too hung up what others are doing and if it's not effecting them then so what.

John Step

Site Supporter
Since ive learned how to sing i have no problems Findig pegs with space.
Reminds me of a night fishing episode as a kid. Hainault Forest lake. 3 Or 4 nervous kids and a shrill wailing voice started coming across the lake. It lasted all night getting louder and scarier. As the mist started to clear a black maria arrived and we could see a bloke who probably had escaped from somewhere being loaded up and driven away.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Reminds me of a night fishing episode as a kid. Hainault Forest lake. 3 Or 4 nervous kids and a shrill wailing voice started coming across the lake. It lasted all night getting louder and scarier. As the mist started to clear a black maria arrived and we could see a bloke who probably had escaped from somewhere being loaded up and driven away.

Summat similar we as Kids were on the River Aire night fishing, we heard a Scream one that sounded like a Murder had just took place, ive never seen 4 lads Grab their gear and Leg it up a tow path as fast in my life. Later in life i found out it would probably been a Fox.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I would ask if I was dropping in next to someone but it would be unusual as I tend to look for isolated pegs. I once started to set up in a corner peg of a pond when one of a group of 3 lads shouted over that he was fishing there. I apologised and moved up a couple of pegs. After I was set up I noticed the lad fishing on the opposite bank. I went round and he exclaimed that he was sitting there but casting into the corner where I had originally intended to fish. His line was across every peg on the adjacent bank😤

lp1886

Site Supporter
Personally I would never ask for ‘permission’ to fish a vacant peg. I dropped in on a peg one Sunday morning with a nice island chuck 25m from the bank. I cast in to clip up, and a guy came to me from 4 or 5 pegs down to say I couldn’t fish there as he had a rig on that spot, and had been fishing since Friday. It was a good 80m away from his peg. I asked him if he had caught anything off it and he said no. I said well it’s about time you Foxtrot Oscared then pal, because clearly you’re no good. I then carried on fishing...in which after 5 hours I never had a bite!!