or are we just taken in as we were with ultrabite,
if you have one that really works tell us
i dont mean let out any secrets'unless you want to, lol

dave
scouse

Adam S

Account Locked
Hello scouse

i think at least some of them work , i have faith in strawberry flavours for corn , hemp oil , shrimp oil for fishmeal boilies and worm additives for perch.

equally i think a lot of them dont work.

good luck
ADAM

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Dave,

I'm not too sure on some additives as Adam has said. The natural ones ie flavours I'll agree with as they do have some success but the artificial ones leave alot to be desired and might be there to catch the angler.

Two of the main things that I was always taught when fishing were to take care of - 1) Presentation 2) The Bait

With your presentation you are looking to present a bait in the most atractive way possible to the fish.
The bait has to attract the fish and then persuade it to take it.
On some waters especially hard fished ones, the edge is often needed. The same bait or groundbait except with the use of flavours might and often does (IMO) attract interest where the standard bait is ignored.

I don't know why but then again an ice cream with a flake in it always looks more tempting than a plain one icon_smile_big.gif

Dave

ray

hiya dave, dont really know if its the additives themselves that work or if they up your confidence level, either way i firmly believe in them.

i have had some pretty good bags over the past few years using corn flavoured with scopex or liquid worm, i have found that if i am using it and other people are using "plain" corn i seem to catch more? also i find that the bites are much more positive.

as i say, dont really know if its the flavour or the confidence thing but they work for me.

"a fool and his litter are soon parted" take yours home
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Larry

Lazarus
Well i was talking to Dave, (Ferret) this afternoon he won the match he fished today he use's Ultrabite &swear's by it say's also like ray say's the bites are more positve as well .

Cheer's Larry

Stewart Bloor

I think it's very difficult to answer the question for the simple reason that fishing cannot be measured as a laboratory experiment. And in many ways I'm certain that we actually like it that way. It keeps that element of the unknown and the unexpected very much alive and well.

I make my own boilies and paste and one thing that goes into them is betaine. It's one additive that's always at the top of my ingredient list.

In many ways, fishing is about confidence and if you've got confidence in your bait due to additives etc, then that can't be a bad thing.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Hi Stewart,
Looking forward to lots of PPs when I return! Too dear in here (Limerick Cafe LOL)

Recently got a Haiths catalogue and in there it describes Betaine, but they dont seem to stock it!

Do you have a source? or where is it available from?

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev pug.gif Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

steve wilson

hi scouse
think of it this way if all you ate was vanilla icecream
you would be very bored then suddenly you came across
strawberry then chocolate then tuti fruti flavours
it wouldnt take long before you dropped the vanilla altogether
its the same for the fish, keep them interested and you will
keep catching
tight lines

Stewart Bloor

Hello Trevor O'Manning...well, you spend that much time over there you should change your name to fit in icon_smile_big.gif

I get my betaine from a company called Baitstream. Their site address is www.baitstream.co.uk. It's also cheap (compared to some other sources)

Regarding PP, I've been doing some tenching lately, so that will be appearing in a week or so. Only a few fish, but the smallest so far is 5lb 5oz. icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.