DIY (ish) GB mix, how does this sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mafoota

Right, I'm after bream on thursday, the bream are wild and seldom fished for, in fact coarse fishing is only allowed two months of the year and the resevoir contains bream, roach, B/R hybrids and perch (as well as pike and trout). The mix I'm making up will be (so far) white crumb, boiled crushed hemp, crushed halibut pellets, dead maggots and sweetcorn to give them something to root around in, grilled crushed hemp for some 'fizz' and mixed with the water from the hemp prep, liquidised corn and something sweet (probably just sugar and honey).
I'll be using corn and clips of maggots as hookbait.

Do you think I'm on the right track?

Big Mafoota

I got white because you can colour it easier. I've been reading around and aparantly white is better for the bigger fish as tiddlers don't like feeding over a light bed as they're more vulnerable to predators, I only read that after I'd bought it mind.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
never do any prpoer bream fishing without vitalin original and molasses going into the mix, l would only ever add white crumb dyded or otherwise as a binding agent for prebaiting on deep venues or at long distance to keep the balls together. one other ingrediant that seems to get over looked these days when pre baiting especially for bream is pearl barley. and dont forget to take some redworms.
try and do some prebaiting before you go as it can make all the difference.
do a search on here for 'pasture mix' its been talked about previously and is a very good addition for pre bait mix.

sporty

Site Supporter
dont use white crumb ,the groundbait balls will still be on the lake bed a week after you have left !you can mix it 50/50 with brown but unless the water is extremely deep stick with brown crumb its far more easier to mix and will not clog like white crumb will.

Status
Not open for further replies.