Diving, simulation whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spirit of abu

So how does football erase this diving mullarky seen far to much at Stamford bridge as well as other grounds around the premier league yesterday?

Have to say Gary Cahill, a top England defender(to some)should of been off the field, his Swan Lake effort was nothing more than a hideous attempt to trick the ref into giving a penalty, what ever happened to IF he didn't get booked then its a penalty.

One thing I heard today was an ex player, ex manager and an ex referee make up a team who pick up on all the video evidence of the games and issue personal penalties to the players for the next game or games.

I personally think the game is owed some respect so what would you do to clear it out

davylad

Site Supporter
One thing I heard today was an ex player, ex manager and an ex referee make up a team who pick up on all the video evidence of the games and issue personal penalties to the players for the next game or games

It's about time they started asking questions to the referees too, I wonder what Chris Foy would have to say about his performance yesterday. Never mind the dive, he shouldn't have been on the field, he should have had a straight red for his over the top challenge on Aluko. Chelsea were always going to win, but what a !!!!!!! this Cahill really is.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
The ref gets one split second look at these incidents,he doesn't get the benefit of umpteen slow motion action replays,the game is so fast now that it's time they did,it's happened in cricket,why can't it be flashed up on the big screens most clubs have these days.

floatfisher44

Talk in the papers of a sin bin,same as Rugby, for the refs to use who fail to give a deserved second yellow.
Or retrospective action after the game when video is reviewed.

In some form of attempt to stamp out this attempted cheating.!

Last edited:

spirit of abu

Originally posted by 160642fishing

The ref gets one split second look at these incidents,he doesn't get the benefit of umpteen slow motion action replays,the game is so fast now that it's time they did,it's happened in cricket,why can't it be flashed up on the big screens most clubs have these days.

Excellent idea, have huge screens at the game like American football then watch back the replays when a part comes into question, imagine them playing Cahills dying swan 4 times over so even he could see how pathetic it was.[:T]
I think there should also be something against players all getting in the face of the ref like bees round a honey pot, just the captain will do like the Rugby boys, good old "keep yer gob shut Im speaking to your captain approach".

Last edited:

Pontius Pilate

mufc ok
Sin bin in football ?? No thank you.............leave it as it is and up to the ref

Last edited:

shang

With the skill of some divers the ref is going to need 3 pairs of eyes or the help of the 4th official using video replay

spirit of abu

Thats about right coming from a utd fan, every season I can remember they have had a referee playing for them one time or another[:D][:D]

Pontius Pilate

mufc ok
Originally posted by spirit of abu

Thats about right coming from a utd fan, every season I can remember they have had a referee playing for them one time or another[:D][:D]

hahaha coming from a chelsea fan[:D]

spirit of abu

Hey, plastic Chelsea fan if you dont mind[:D][:D][:T]

I reckon you miss old Howard Webb dont ya[:p]

pole addict

There doesn't seem to be any shame in diving or feigning injury.

Footballers spend the whole game pretending they're injured.

Rugby players spend all game pretending they're not.

Give these nancy boy footballers a good shoeing every time they dive. [:T]

spirit of abu

Trust me Poley I would rather watch Rugby any day of the week than watch football, you can also take a good hard look at how the referee works in a game of rugby compared to a game of footie and a lesson can be learnt, ref makes a decision and its obeyed, nothing said at all, in football well lets just say its different.[:T]

Status
Not open for further replies.