Dissapointed

Total

Site Supporter
I've been using the power gum rig shown for a while now. Very effective for absorbing the lunges beneath the rod tip. Only down side is the feeder swivel wears the braid l found, so its worth checking every now and then. Also, you attach the hooklength like you do to a dacron connector, l've found that if you want to change the hooklength or shorten it it can be a tad tricky releasing the hooklength loop, it seems to bite in quite tight. I now use the 2 loop method, makes it far easier to take the hooklength off.

Agree with what you say about feeder swivel wearing the braid.....Sort of got around this by using a short shock link one meter'ish and casting of the braid....The two loops on the hook link length(top loop cut) is definitely the way to go...(y)

Last edited:

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
I though the same Mark, ok for shortish chucks but at distance thats a lot of umph on a knot. Also thought about sliding the swivel over a length of rig tubing glued into a cut down tail rubber which in turn slides over a couple of no8 stotz next to the water knot. A bit carpish but should protect the braid.

Total

Site Supporter
I though the same Mark, ok for shortish chucks but at distance thats a lot of umph on a knot. Also thought about sliding the swivel over a length of rig tubing glued into a cut down tail rubber which in turn slides over a couple of no8 stotz next to the water knot. A bit carpish but should protect the braid.

I also messed about with our Mr Branson's feeder dock rigs for experiment....(y)....The result was 'click, whirr, bang!':giggle::help::ROFLMAO:

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
I also messed about with our Mr Branson's feeder dock rigs for experiment....(y)....The result was 'click, whirr, bang!':giggle::help::ROFLMAO:
Ah yes, feeder in a loop rig, not his favourite method, he never uses a rod rest when on the tip. He's having a bit of a lean spell mate, his draw hand has been letting him down of late. Awsome waggler angler though, its an education sitting on the next peg....... and he must have bought a new phone judging by the lack of clicking whirring and banging?

Total

Site Supporter
@Godber ...^^ :giggle:.....and not so much of the 'banging' since little un's arrived!:love::giggle:.....Didn't they both stay abroad?