Dismal Day Out

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
What a proper dismal day outside here on the not so sunny shores of the Narrow sea

Suns come up behind thick cloud, hardly illuminated the day at all, grey skies, clouds laden with rain and releasing it slowly in that goddam awful precipitation that soaks you right through

what a difference from the early autumn day we had yesterday, cant see himself and I heading out far again today unless theres a radical change soon

just dried him up with a old towel and hes running around with an afro styled set of dog feathers

Im glad I got summat to set to indoors today

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
it is, plus after seeing whats been asked on facebook for tourney pro whips, Im getting my third best one out and giving it a clean up prior to the possibilitiy of finding it a new owner

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Typical isn't it, a day off today and it's what we call round here...a tad damp (pee-ing it down). Nothing to do, nowhere to go, sheesh, I'm already bored.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was planning on a trip out meeting up with Peter for a bit of maggotdrowning today, but looking at the forecast yesterday we decided to give it a swerve.

Last night I'm thinking, maggots in the fridge, tackle cleaned, sorted and ready, forecast didn't look too bad for later, venue sorted, let's see what happens in the morning.

This morning everything is soaked outdoors, the garden has ground water in the lower parts, water level in my pond is up to the overflow, grey, dismall and the threat of more rain to come - do I really want/need to go out or shall I spend the day in the house with the missus and dawg, venture out onto the field with him later, keep dry warm and the tackle clean.

62tucker

Site Supporter
tis lockdown and no mixing in gateshead !
Correct. Not much difference for me. Apart from can’t take my ill brother in law shopping today but have his list. Cat food and cat litter. And get my supplies for travelling tomorrow for the weekend ??

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Correct. Not much difference for me. Apart from can’t take my ill brother in law shopping today but have his list. Cat food and cat litter. And get my supplies for travelling tomorrow for the weekend ??

"All but Essential Travel"

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I was planning on a trip out meeting up with Peter for a bit of maggotdrowning today, but looking at the forecast yesterday we decided to give it a swerve.

Last night I'm thinking, maggots in the fridge, tackle cleaned, sorted and ready, forecast didn't look too bad for later, venue sorted, let's see what happens in the morning.

This morning everything is soaked outdoors, the garden has ground water in the lower parts, water level in my pond is up to the overflow, grey, dismall and the threat of more rain to come - do I really want/need to go out or shall I spend the day in the house with the missus and dawg, venture out onto the field with him later, keep dry warm and the tackle clean.
Can I have yer wrigglers ? ?

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Was heading out for few hours, club pond, river still up, but it's blowing hard and there is more than a chance of some more wet stuff and with wind it would be very unpleasant. So in it is.

rudd

Site Supporter
Typical isn't it, a day off today and it's what we call round here...a tad damp (pee-ing it down). Nothing to do, nowhere to go, sheesh, I'm already bored.
Give your gun a good cleaning.

rudd

Site Supporter
Live BBC radio - persisting down in Felixstowe, a few miles away and not a drop(yet).

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Give your gun a good cleaning.
Did both guns yesterday hoping to get out today...no chance of that happening. Was going to go down to the gun range this afternoon, no chance of that either as you have to book online first, should have done that yesterday.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Got one job to do I've put off since the start of the week, only a closing inspection but on a 7 bed detached house with a name rather than number somewhere in Barnt Green, a bit of a 'footballers village'. Will take me a good hour, that's how lazy I am feeling. Bit of side effect of flu jab maybe. Forecast has changed from nice to gloomy for the weekend too.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Beautiful day yesterday. Went to a little lake that's part of a country park and thrashed the water to a foam for two Perch and five Roach. Combined weight of probably a pound.
Overnight howling wind and rain. Now unremitting greyness and rain. Little club match on Sunday. Hmmm..,

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Blowing 40mph plus here this morning but less rain showing now than originally forecast so might have a just about fishable river tomorrow whereas as I thought it was a Stillwater job for sure. Even if it is fishable it’ll be hard in such conditions so will have the insurance of a Stillwater session on Saturday as well to hopefully guarantee a bit of a better result.