Disgusted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
First

Page 18 middle picture bottom row of the anglers mail today.

Either thats a fake carp (well dead n stuffed) or that fella needs a kick in the a**e for holding it over concrete slabs.

Both Dian & I reckon its a stuffed one cos if you look at the youth holding it he's not really dressed for fishing is he.

Second
page 4 bottom of the page.

The total brain dead twit who killed a zander that was a close on to the british record but to make things worse it came from a RIVER

The EA won't be prosecuting him or the others who have sent in pics of fish caught from rivers in the closed season because one of their officers has to catch them fishing.

Like i've said before i fully support the EA but they've got photographic evidence & the guys own admittance in writing so why can't they do something?

Alan
You've just been moderated

Cyprinid_boy

Is it really that awful that people are fishing in rivers, the only waters that have close seasons? Why do they still have close seasons, neanderthal dont you think? Are we all not aware that close seasons were totally irrelevant as they were, regarding the time of year? Are you surprised the EA did nothing? It was probably caught at the time of a tea break or Friday afternoon! We live in a society where everyone can express there views so Trogg, explain to me in what way you fully support the EA? Killing a 17lb fish is a travesty, however, the river has no licence to hold zander (law set by the EA and Defra) so a catch a kill policy is set set by the EA, the body you support! Make some sense of all that because Ive been trying to for years. I will contact the EA on your behalf Trogg as I am sure they will ecstatic to know somebody thinks they are not wasting ever penny of the anglers totally irrelevant fishing licence.

The pound is yours Dave.

Mat

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Whether it was law or not i would still gladly pay for my licence each year.

The EA as far as i am aware are not solely for the angling side of things they have many jobs to do.

The close season.

being a bit of a traditionalist i am not one of those who would like to see the close season abolished.

As far as i am aware the River Sow has no licence for carp or zander but both are present (although not in great numbers), as i have said before if people want to bang on about non native species being in our river systems then why are carp allowed??

If you were to sit down & think about the amount of waters that come under the EA's jurisdiction it would be pretty hard for anyone to keep perfect control over everything within those waters, no matter how qualified or how long has been spent working with groups etc, you put three guys in a boat & they are supposed to perform miracles sorry doesn't work like that.

I suppose anybody who has got a problem could forget about the EA & just pay someone who's got a few bits of paper a ridiculous amount of money to come & have a look at the problem then again not everything is a textbook problem.

quote:
I will contact the EA on your behalf Trogg as I am sure they will ecstatic to know somebody thinks they are not wasting ever penny of the anglers totally irrelevant fishing licence

No need i spend quite a bit of time in contact with the EA ( Both Lichfield & Greyfriars) so they already know my feelings & thoughts on the work they do.

Alan

Edited by - Trogg on 23 May 2002 12:52:48 PM

darryl

it shouldn`t matter that it happend out of fishing season the prat should not have killed it any way and the mail should not have gave the twit puplicity in the first place fuming darrylicon_smile_angry.gificon_smile_angry.gif

work`s for them who can`t fish

darryl

by the way the carp on page 18 if it is real it`s caught from apet shop in a town center were do the mail get them from darryl

work`s for them who can`t fish

Cyprinid_boy

I can always count on someone to come up with the surely carp are non-indigenous argument. I cannot say your wrong, however, one thing separates the introduction of zander and carp into British rivers 480 years. Good argument though. Lets go back to the ice age and assess the impact and the subsequent re-vitalisation of certain species. Well they must be non-indigenous as they were post ice age!!! Enough said.

Now, I was in favour of close seasons when they existed. The majority of waters now have no close season and that will never change. So tell me, was the close season set to allow fish to spawn. If so, is this why the rivers have kept their season. Confused, when do lake and canal fish spawn?

Trogg, I totally agree with your point about the amount of water under the EAs control, and about them not being able to perform miracles (a perfect statement that bit). Whilst they continue to cut back fisheries staff nothing will ever be achieved. Regarding the comment about scraping the EA and bringing in an academic, paying them loads to have a look. Have you forgotten, we pay the EA approaching 20,00000 in licences fees for them to have a look!! The difference please?

I shall now suspend my condemnation of the EA as I am boring myself, let along other readers. You are aware of both mine and Troggs views on the agency. I would be very interested in everybody elses views. What do you think is gained from your 21 licence? Have you seen any direct benefits (like Troggs river clean up example). Benefits gained from the agency and problems encountered? And if your all good Ill tell you about the tank load of roach poured off a bridge onto the railway line because it was thought the River Trent was below!! Things some will do when they are late for their tea.

Mat

MALC

I'll leave the EA alone and go with the Carp on Pg 18.

If you look between his shoes looks like a mat to me or it could be a shadow !!

Weather it is a mat or not then holding it as he is, is no different to someone holding a fish over other hard surfaces such as stones and dry mud all of which are seen all the time and would cause injury if the fish fell and i dont think any of the normal carp mats would afford a fish of that weight much protection it it were dropped.

With regards it being bought from a pet shop and the way the captor is dressed.

I take it none of you have ever been to Thamesmeade Lake which is in the middle of the Thamesmeade Estate on the edge of London.

The Lake in question was built as a "nice" centre piece to a housing estate made up of tower block flats and concrete house's.

Back in the 80's my sister lived in one of the tower blocks next to the lake and even back then you would see guy's turn up in suit's to fish in there dinner hour and return with rods in hand after work still dressed in suits.

Just look at Ray Mumford he must be well into his 60's now and still goes fishing in suit and tie.

Thats it realy

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:I take it none of you have ever been to Thamesmeade Lake which is in the middle of the Thamesmeade Estate on the edge of London.

Wrong roflmao.gif
Malc,that is indeed Thamesmeade,and as you say it was built in the centre of a huge estate.I would agree that there appears to be a mat in the bottom edge of the photo,and as for the lads dress Alan,well not everyone wears "CAMO",it don't blend in to well against concrete.

Mat.
quote: I would be very interested in everybody elses views. What do you think is gained from your 21 licence? Have you seen any direct benefits (like Troggs river clean up example). Benefits gained from the agency and problems encountered?

A small club that i belong to (Lamorbey A.C.)controls a small lake that is leased from the local council.
It has suffered in the past couple of winters from Cormorant predation.The EA have come down and surveyed the lake,and after consultation installed 4 Pipe Refuges and supplied fish for restocking,which has resulted in a noticable improvement.They have also offered advice on weed control and other matters.
Result=1 very happy club that won't hear a word against the EA.

The Close Season,
In my own opinion this should be left to individual owners/clubs who could monitor waters to ensure that spawning fish were not fished for,as i'm afraid most fish can't read a calender and don't stick to the traditional dates.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

MALC

quote:Wrong
Malc,that is indeed Thamesmeade,and as you say it was built in the centre of a huge estate..

I just knew you would say that Peter

LOL

Malc

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Fellas fishing in suits .now that i would love to seeicon_smile.gif

Looking at the picture i think the "mat" you mention Malc (by the blokes left foot) is a shadow but i could be wrong.

Can't understand why anyone would want to move from a place with a lake right on the doorstep??

Cyp

If we're going back to the ice age does that mean we're going to have the argument that Barbus Barbus isn't a native species in the UK??

Funny as it seems i have actually had that argument, trying to explain that the barbel we fish for were left here after the last ice age is rather hard when the person you're explaining it to is determined they were stocked here less than 200 years ago.

The Trent/railbridge thing i have heard of but i was told it was the ouse not the trent.

A similar thing happened a few (quite a few) years ago when a tank load of fish (can't remember what species) was offloaded into the Sow where the M6 crosses the marshes, the tanks air system had failed & the fish were released into the Sow (which is a hell of a drop from the motorway).

Alan

MALC

Trogg

quote:Can't understand why anyone would want to move from a place with a lake right on the doorstep??

Must admit that back in the 80's when my sister lived there during the day it was an okay place, BUT soon as it got dark it was like a war zone with gangs roaming around causing trouble all the time i remember one night when i was there we watched (from the saftey of her tower block)about 50 yobs fighting running battles with the police and setting fire to anything close (house's/cars).

But the chip shop on the estate (near the lake) done cracking fish n chips.
Dont know what the area is like now adays though, but the sis was very glad to move from there after only 6 months.

She now live's in Southampton about 3 mins drive from Broadlands and i've still only walked around it and never fished it.

Malc

Status
Not open for further replies.