Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

I have just joined Maggotdrowner's this is to increase my knowledge on
different styles of fishing from other members as I am in a wheelchair, I have tried pole fishing,but find it difficut to ship and unship the pole so I only use this method on the canals. I usualy use a quiver tip rod as this is a lot easier than a float rod which I usualy tend to hold rather than using a rod rest. I have a electric Buggy which is brilliant for getting me out of the house for a few hours fishing which fortunatly is just 10 mins from the house to the Hollow Ponds which is in Epping forest. I also go Trout fishing at Bewl as they have a wheely boat which is simmilar to a landing craft. Fourtunatly a friend takes me in his car as he likes Trout fishing.I would like to hear from other members who are in a wheelchair and what type of fishing they do?
As I an heavy pain killers I am not allowed to drive, and would be greatful if any members can suggest other places to fish which have wheelchair acsses in the Epping forest area.
Happy new year to you all.
Phillip

pbinc

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Hi Philip

Sorry I can't answer your questions myself but I'm sure somebody will be able to, but welcome to the Forum.

AlanP

ray

hiya philip, like alan says, i cant answer your questions either but welcome to the wonderful world of the maggotdrowners.

ray.

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Phil,

Sorry mate but just like the others i'm afraid i can't help you directly but you could try Fisheries.co.uk

Try checking it out, i would suggest you ring around a few as well to see if they have disabled access.

Welcome to the MD family, have fun but behave [;)]

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Phil - let me join the folks who have said "welcome and sorry I can't help directly". In my case, I'm a little far from you to have good information. Bit over 3000 miles I think.

I can point you to a couple of potential resource sites. Not to run you away from here but to give you a bit more for your arsenal.

Disabled Angling Clubs which should at least give you some contacts even if none of the waters will work for you.

WVDAA - Wey Valleyt (wherever that is) Disabled Angler's Association.

And This site.

Maybe nothing that will help you directly but certainly some good links and contacts.

Newt Vail

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Phillip.
First of all welcome to Maggotdrowning.
If you go to the home page of the first link of Newt's you will find that this is the website of The British Disabled Anglers Association and it should contain a wealth of information for you [:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Last edited:

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Welcome to the site Phillip,
Sorry can't help with your question.

teepee.

Do not resist growing old.
Many are denied the privilege.

RoyC

Hi Phillip
Welcome to Maggotdrowning
Lake John Fishery
Galley Hill
Waltham Abbey
En9
Has two ramps leading from the car park
to the edge of the lake for disabled anglers
web ad
http://www.lakejohnfishery.co.uk

Phillip

I would like to thank Maggotdrowners and Norman @ sedgwick 30.co.uk for his email. and to all the other replies that were recived regarding disablity for anglers.
It is not until you are actualy in a wheelchair that you realise how difficult it is to go fishing or do things that you used to take for granted
Phil.

pbinc

Big Brian

HI Philip.. welcome to the site.
There is an holiday home in Chigwell which runs a fishing holiday for the disabled the same as the one I run in Nottingham.I will find a contact for you down there who will know suitable venues in that area. this may take a week or two but i doubt whether you will be going out before then.. if you are like some of us you won't.

Men and Fish are both in trouble when they open their mouths!!!

Phillip

Thanks Brian
But I think I should mention that with my Buggy, I try to go fishing at least twice a week even in the winter.I put on my thermals and storm suit, this keeps me warm or as some say as snugg as a bug in a rug, at the moment I am mainly going Pike fishing and have only managed to catch 1 which was about 4lbs. But it does get me out of the house for a few hours, as I can only sit for about 4 hours I have to limit my fishing time and traveling time together this usually gives me about 3hours to fish.
P.S if you see a red buggy going down the pavement or in Epping forest with a regestration numder PHIL 1 on the front and GONE FISHING on the rear it's me.
Phillip.

pbinc

G

Philip a warm welcome to the M/Ds,.

Keep on with the fishing mate,do you have a trailer for your gear then [;)], ,

Tight lines

catch me if u can
Andy,

hull tyke

hi phillip welcome to the forum iam also disabled i have m-s so i have trouble with mobility but grin and get on with it anyway hope you find a few fishing spots in your area
tight lines
steve

carpbob3

Hi Philip
like most replies on here i can not offer you any advise to your question ...... but welcome to MD anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.