Dinner from the bait fridge...

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Well.... SWMBO was pondering what to cook for dinner tonight... and she said, "We've not had Spam Fritters for a while" I perked up at this, as I love a good old fashioned Spam Fritter.
Sadly we had no Spam, But then summat nudged the hind-brain and I bolted out to the garage and opened the bait fridge door and found 3 tins of Bacon Grill..... (all within date)
So.... Bacon Grill fritters tonight, wiff egg chips 'n beans... couple of cans of Hobgoblin to wash the lot down and I'll be sleeping in the conservatory, as chemical warfare ain't allowed in our house :unsure: :p :p:p:p

Nicky Dodds

Well.... SWMBO was pondering what to cook for dinner tonight... and she said, "We've not had Spam Fritters for a while" I perked up at this, as I love a good old fashioned Spam Fritter.
Sadly we had no Spam, But then summat nudged the hind-brain and I bolted out to the garage and opened the bait fridge door and found 3 tins of Bacon Grill..... (all within date)
So.... Bacon Grill fritters tonight, wiff egg chips 'n beans... couple of cans of Hobgoblin to wash the lot down and I'll be sleeping in the conservatory, as chemical warfare ain't allowed in our house :unsure: :p :p:p:p
Food of the gods.

squimp

Site Supporter
When we were kids I used to be sent to the butcher’s to buy slices of luncheon meat.

Bacon grill is a whole step up from that !

The Runner

Site Supporter
Got over a dozen freezer bags full of mackerel caught last year.
Would be getting tempted if it weren't for the fact that at least two of the bags have been taken out , defrosted and then not or only partially used.

Not at all tempted by the frozen peeler crab....

Arry

Site Supporter
SWMBO did scraps with the spare batter...??????????

TrickyD

Site Supporter
When we were kids I used to be sent to the butcher’s to buy slices of luncheon meat.

Bacon grill is a whole step up from that !
Did you ever have brawn or haslet ? I remember my mum getting that, I ate it so it must have been good.

squimp

Site Supporter
I remember haslet being good; but the less said about brawn the better......

Arry

Site Supporter
Used to make brawn when I was a butcher

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
I 'found' this in the beer 'n' bait fridge in the garage. This is uht milk use by date so God only knows how old it is? A left over from Hartleton l think and l ain't been for 2 years. IMG_20200404_202358.jpg

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
One of the stories that my dad has reminded us of is; when he was a kid his mother would send him down to the slaughterhouse to buy 2 sheeps heads. He would drag the sack, with the heads in, back home, leaving a trail of blood across Nottingham and his mum would boil them up, squeeze the meat off with her thumbs and then 'press it' with a huge weight. The resulting slab would be carved up for sandwiches, this, according to my dad, was real brawn.