Digital image

me

We have a club badge that we own. We had some stickers printed and the printer put our badge onto a digital image for him to print them.
We now want to use another printer as she is a lot cheaper but she needs a digital image. The old printer will not give us his image as he said it was agreed that because he did the image it would always be his
I have some of the old stickers that have the badge on so how do I get a digital image of it or can any one do me a digital image of it please .

Thanks in advance for any help

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The old printer has no right to keep the image as it belongs to the club - I'm presuming he also charged you a set-up fee initially?

me

The old printer has no right to keep the image as it belongs to the club - I'm presuming he also charged you a set-up fee initially?
No dave he didn't charge a set up fee that why he claimed the deal was he wouldnt have to give us his image if we went some were else. It's the same with the lady who does the embroidering, she never charged any set up but will not give us her image if we go anywhere else. She just says she will delete the image off her system
The new lady who we want to do the printing doesn't do any set up images, she just works off the digital image you give her .

Like I say I still have some stickers so was wounded if I can get an digital image off that

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter

I think that depends on what was agreed to when the job was given to the printer. Some have a clause that say they have full rights to it.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
What format does your new printer want it in?

Most printers now can work of png or jpeg,

ukzero1

Site Supporter
No dave he didn't charge a set up fee that why he claimed the deal was he wouldnt have to give us his image if we went some were else. It's the same with the lady who does the embroidering, she never charged any set up but will not give us her image if we go anywhere else. She just says she will delete the image off her system
The new lady who we want to do the printing doesn't do any set up images, she just works off the digital image you give her .

Like I say I still have some stickers so was wounded if I can get an digital image off that

Have a read of this mate, you can create you're own from a sticker. All you need is a high resolution camera or scanner. As @Dave said, most printers will do jpg's etc. But the higher the resolution (without distortion), the better.

me

What format does your new printer want it in?

Most printers now can work of png or jpeg,
I'm not sure dave the new printer just said she can do the stickers if we have the digital image

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Thanks very much I will find out what she wants it in jpeg or what.

I think you'll find that jpeg's are the most popular, but some printers prefer other formats. Any good image prog will convert it.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
A good quality jpeg would be fine - scan what you have to the highest resolution. The printer/embroiderer can convert the image to whatever they need.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Depending on the nature of the image - tone work or simple line work, it might be easy enough to generate new vectorised artwork in Adobe Illustrator or a similar application. For linework, vectorised artwork is preferable - depends what quality of result you are looking for.
I've created many new artworks from scanned images.
I'm happy to have a look at it, if you want to email me a copy of the badge? A photo would do the job?

Last edited: