'Difficult' venues

Northantslad

'Any indications?
If taking on anything challenging, which could be venue wise or species wise, then the longer the learning curve, the deeper that learning is i feel. I like a confidence boost now and again, but i much prefer having to think. With this mentality however you do get reminded sometimes, that a planned confidence boost session can quickly become anything but and is a reminder that angling isn't an exact science, which either hones your learning or makes you think deeper, which is never a bad thing. Turning up anywhere thinking you are going to bag is a kiss of death, planning anywhere knowing you are going to bag doesn't do much for me, even on the rare occasions i look for easy fishing, if such a thing exists.

Is how easy an angler finds a type of fishing, just really an indication of their experience?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Park lake has actually been quite kind to me recently, would no longer call it difficult, just typical low stock park lake. Is easier now the fish are in the lilies as before they were neither here nor there and no one was catching or could explain where the fish were. It's still easy to blank there.

Total

Site Supporter
Park lake has actually been quite kind to me recently, would no longer call it difficult, just typical low stock park lake. Is easier now the fish are in the lilies as before they were neither here nor there and no one was catching or could explain where the fish were. It's still easy to blank there.
I supposing once all spawning etc is finished you'd expect the fish to move away from the lilies and disperse more evenly around the lake and probably harder to catch?......Appreciate this is your first season's crack at it.....

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I supposing once all spawning etc is finished you'd expect the fish to move away from the lilies and disperse more evenly around the lake and probably harder to catch?......Appreciate this is your first season's crack at it.....
Maybe, like you say I'm still learning the place, but I'd expect when it comes to Tench and Crucians they'll be in the lilies during summer too. Hope so anyway as at least we know where they are. Lots of other places they can hide in the lake.