Did ya enjoy it ?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Well I’ve heard the, I’m glad that’s all over and sick of it now but did ya enjoy yer sens ?
me and our Gert are sat in our chosen eatery having a nice lunch and a couple of beers where you couldn’t move this time last week.
I for one can’t do with the hustle and bustle of it all and won’t be going out tomorrow night, too many 2 pint fighters who if ya nudge into em want a go then when ya knock em out 12 jump on ya ☹️So all in all it’s been a nice rest and fun ?

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Yes, sat here relaxing , going for a drink later this afternoon and a bite to eat tomorrow dinner, I agree about the 2 pint wonders, sat there all night sipping it like a budgie until someone bumps into them, So staying in tomorrow night,plus driving up to warrington on new years day.
Happy New Year to all Maggotdrowners :beer-toast1:, Stay safe and have a great time.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
And you Warrington mate hope ya have a decent season and as long as we both beat the pie eaters that’s the main ??Happy safe, lucky, healthy and hopefully wealthy new year ?

Chervil

Site Supporter
Always seems a long build up, then over too quickly (I'm still talking about Christmas). Just the 3 of us over Christmas, then over to my sister in laws for a few days, where we have an annual family gathering, well the half we talk to!
I managed to persuade about half the people at work, to donate their Secret Santa money to a local homeless charity which was a plus and I am of to donate blood in an hour.
Overall a good time was had by all.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trogg do ya get much knife crime on your watch ?

Believe it or not mate in all the years i've been doing the doors i've only ever been threatened twice with a knife, once by a very drunk knobjockey who didn't even realise the knife was still in its sheath and once by a couple of footie fans who had been asked repeatedly to quieten down and then threw the dregs of their beer over the barmaid for refusing them another pitcher...... the one with the knife took a swipe and ruined my nice new blazer then fell forward and nearly stabbed his mate!
I was also threatened with a gun when i was working the vaults in Chester.

I know some brothers who used to work at zanzis (nightclub) threw some lads out and they came back about 20 mins later with machettes, sadly for the knobheads who threatened them both lads were MMA fighters, even the first coppers on the scene cheered lol

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Believe it or not mate in all the years i've been doing the doors i've only ever been threatened twice with a knife, once by a very drunk knobjockey who didn't even realise the knife was still in its sheath and once by a couple of footie fans who had been asked repeatedly to quieten down and then threw the dregs of their beer over the barmaid for refusing them another pitcher...... the one with the knife took a swipe and ruined my nice new blazer then fell forward and nearly stabbed his mate!
I was also threatened with a gun when i was working the vaults in Chester.

I know some brothers who used to work at zanzis (nightclub) threw some lads out and they came back about 20 mins later with machettes, sadly for the knobheads who threatened them both lads were MMA fighters, even the first coppers on the scene cheered lol

Respect to ya mate, when i was younger i always had respect for the doormen, the amount of times i walked up to a Club with our Gert and the Doormen just let us in without a fuss was a sight to see. I mentioned before Black Rudy im sure he was 7 foot but the nicest doorman ya ever seen or met until someone gave him dis ;)