Did i get a bargain ?.

explosive

Site Supporter
Today at a boot sale i bought a Shimano Powerloop match rod 3.9 i paid £6 for it, the cork handle needs some tlc, the blank is in perfect condition and is light as feather to hold. anybody like to comment on this, your views would be welcome.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
If it's the brown blank from the mid eighties then it's a nice rod. Strong enough for commercial fisheries but, just go easy if you try and use it on a natural for roach and perch. My only concern would be the guides if they are the originals as they may have the odd grove in them by now. Nice little rod though. 👍

Total

Site Supporter
@explosive .....I have the exactly the same rod and it'll do you proud....Only PITA are the sliding reel fittings.....Accurately described by our Mick above regarding its range and mine was £10 when I bought it new! :oops:;)

explosive

Site Supporter
Thanks lads, your comments have been most welcome. Whilst my Powerloop may be at the low end market as far as rods go i still I consider my rod as a bargain at £6. It is the Brown blank and the rings are good, actually i have had another look at the cork handle that too is in good order it just needs a clean up., In my opinion i would give the rod 7 out of 10 just because it is second-hand.

trotter2

They are nice rods used to have one.The name actually did them a miss justice actually quite a delicate slim blanked rod. Not as the name suggests Powerloop.

explosive

Site Supporter
I quite agree Trotter i have no regrets in buying it ! i feel lucky it came my way.

fishcatcher4

Site Supporter
I had the 13' power loop x float rod.

I had it for years and loved it but ended up having to put bicycle inner tube on the handle to hold the reel on.

Finally sold it on and got £30 for it.