Diary Dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
David,
Fount of all wisdom?!

Would it be possible, feasible or even worthwhile, to have a kind of Calender , permanently on display , similar to Outlook Express, for the forum?

Martin is trying to arrange a big charity match for August, but the date clashed with a Fish-in! This is Dave Ferrets Soar W/e arranged last month.
Not normally a Matchman, I would like to go to experience again the amazing atmosphere of the BIG match days, (Once was part of a Welland 1000 pegger!)but the Soar is too good to miss!

I would suggest only Mods and Admin (whoever that is!) be allowed to post, but dates of interest to all, fish-ins, charity matches etc. could be displayed on an easy reference chart and people could quickly refer to it when planning.

It could also perhaps, have a "Where i'm fishing, join me if you like" section!
So that people could see their friends plans for the near future and arrange a late day out, or just turn up without a problem if they find they are unexpectedly free etc.
Perhaps this section could be Open to all posters, and Events section submitted by E-Mail through the Mods.
What do you (and everybody on the Forum) think?

Cheers

Trev

If it is difficult, sorry for the work icon_smile.gif, but what does anyone else think?

Ziptrev ape.gif I do NOT BELIEVE it

norm

ziptrev
craking idea mate .would be nice to see some of the people from forum
i will second that oneicon_smile_wink.gif

it isint the size of the tiddler that counts

G

A very good idea indeed Trev.
Where i"m fishing,it could turn into an unorganised fishin.
beer-toast1.gif
Andy

Admin

Forum Admin
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Trev,

Check the "Going Fishing...." section that I've added.

I'll get to work on the Calendar idea and see what I can come up with, after all it is the Closed Season, icon_smile.gif

Regards, Dave

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Great start Dave thanks a lot!
Now all we need is a link to it from Larry's website LOL

Cheers

trev

Ziptrev ape.gif I do NOT BELIEVE it

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi All,

If you look at the top-right of the forum you'll see a new link added called 'Events', click this and it will open up a calendar where you can check dates for future events.

The events can be added to by the moderators so if you want something adding send either myself, Stu, Trogg or Peter the details and we'll add them for you.

If you find a bug with it, please let me know.

Cheers, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.