Dialling the 111 service

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Last thursday, i had the feeling that summat wasnt quite right with the "old boy" down there

I had this constant urge to pee, and I mean constant, even when I went, it was a miniscule amount and I was getting a sorta tingling feeling in my bell end,

mentioned it to the wench and she said to ring the doctors, this I tried, and tried and tried some more, the results of which was either getting told I was in a queue and my call was important, please be patient, whilst listening to some of the worst waiting music I had ever heard, eventually I gave up

checked out the alternatives and they came down to either going to the hospital, going to the minor injuries unit or trying the NHS 111 service

things got worse going through friday, the constant urge was still there but the tingling had progressed to what I can only describe as touching my dick on a electric cattle fence, it hurt, it hurt a lot, every time I went I was near on doubled over with pain, never have I felt the like of it

Well I didnt want to risk going to or wasting the hospitals time, and there really wasnt anyway I could leave the house without some sorta bucket or summat with me and peeing in public is still frowned upon, so I rang the 111 line

bit of a wait on that too, but eventually got through to the call centre

a young (sounding) lady answered, and ran me through the 20 questions type interrogation type thing, wanting to know untold about me from sex, age etc etc

she then stated she would supply the info given to the appropiate section and they woud ring me back within two hours

waited and waited, peed and peed, near crying with pain

then the phone went, it was a (I presume) a doctor on the other end, 20 more questions and confirmations and a consultation as to the symptoms over the phone (a first for me),

eventually diagnosed as a urinary-bladder infection,

prescription issued to my local pharmacists for a couple of different pills to be collected, which my good woman went and got for me

found out that the prescription was free now Im of a "certain age" diamond that was a tenner saved

started the course as soon as she came back in with them

pain is now subsiding and the need to go is not as much, feeling much better than I was

still aint got a clue how I got the bug, but the pills are working

Last edited:

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
No it wasnt diagnosed as a STI

but as Dysuria

have no idea how it happened

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Sometimes your kidneys pass little bits of solid matter (small kidney stones) into the bladder sometimes one gets stuck in the tract or knicks the urethra wall causing swelling and infection... hence the pain... and I sympathise mightily... had it a few years ago... take it easy Mick look after yersen...?

Addendum...
Get to a docs when you can and get a blood test to Check PSA counts for prostate trouble too... just to be on the safe side

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
OMG - do you mean our pensioners are dehydrating due to lack of fluids caused by the Torys :eek:

The b'stards, I'm going to form a petition and get Tracy and Karen on it :bounce:

Arry

Site Supporter
Normally associated with dehydration. A common problem amongst the elderly.
Thats what I was told... tea and coffee don't count... you need to drink at least 2 litres of water a day (beer don't count either)

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thats what I was told... tea and coffee don't count... you need to drink at least 2 litres of water a day (beer don't count either)

was told by the doctor that as well,

been swilling barley water a lot, she said it will help it flush through

(and no beer while Im on the pills)

Arry

Site Supporter
Makes me smile... I can down 4 or 5 pints o' ale in a few hours yet pouring 2 litres of water down yer neck is bloody hard

Arry

Site Supporter
was told by the doctor that as well,

been swilling barley water a lot, she said it will help it flush through

(and no beer while Im on the pills)
Keep the barley water juice low as there's a lotta sugar in that stuff

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Makes me smile... I can down 4 or 5 pints o' ale in a few hours yet pouring 2 litres of water down yer neck is bloody hard
I'm the same. I drink gallons of coffee but I never drink water although I know I should.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Yer not supposed to pull the head off it god it’s usually the eyesight that goes first ??

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Two sodding UTI’s in the last 4 years. Not good. Both times I had a fever. Like trying to pee razor blades. Seven days of antibiotics cleared it up both times. My PSA level went through the roof at 27.4 but, it’s down to 2.3 now. I #### myself. Thought I had prostrate cancer. When you can get yourself in and have your bloods done. Good luck pal. ?