Diabetes.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
For anybody who has type 2 this is well worth watching as it explains all.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
I went on an NHS two half day diabetes course. I might as well have gone to a Weight Watchers meeting.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Be careful with these sorts of videos. There are a lot of 'experts' when it comes to Diabetes (and other conditions for that matter) that have differing opinions, so they can't all be right. Blindly following the guidance of one expert you like / agree with / saw recently on youtube may not be right for you.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
I went on an NHS two half day diabetes course. I might as well have gone to a Weight Watchers meeting.
Doctor has advised me to to one of these meetings when we are out of lockdown. I was sceptical before but seeing what you have wrote and talking to others, I might give it a miss. A guy in the pub says they basically told him to eat more veg, less carbs and drink plenty of water.

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Cure diabetes and lose weight by not eating. Yeah, that should work - eventually.
I saw a similar one for curing high blood pressure. You make a hole in an artery and let the blood out.
That will also work. ;)

If only life was so simple:unsure:

Type 2 diabetes is a complex condition with many different factors, reason and causes. I am told I am 4 stone underweight to be diabetic already. It is unlikely that my condition will be cured by diet.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
As was stated in the vid if anybody bothered watching it, it's the cause not the symptoms you have to treat. I eat until l can't eat no more comfortably and now I'm not diabetic any more also lost a lot of weight and am much healthier . I eat 3 times a day and no snacking, of course eating the right foods ie. Keto.
Even my Doctor is giving me the advice to eat cereals which I've refused to do. But he admits that what I've done to my health and my diabetes is amazing. He has to abide to government guidelines which in my opinion is probably 50 years out of date.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I reversed diabetes by losing 20 kilos, (44 lbs), but I still watch what I eat with regard to sugar content etc: As though I still had Diabetes, it's do able.

Sportsman

Site Supporter
It's easier to lose 40Kg if you are 40kg overweight in the first place. ;)
I have never been more than 14st in my life and am exactly the same weight now as when I was diagnosed 20 years ago.
I am delighted that others do well with this diet, but it is not a once size fits all solution.
I first looked at the starve yourself fit diet around 4 years ago, so I have seen the videos before. It might suit some, but there are many that it could be positively bad for. Still, I'm sure he is making a good living from it, one way or the other.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
It's easier to lose 40Kg if you are 40kg overweight in the first place. ;)
I have never been more than 14st in my life and am exactly the same weight now as when I was diagnosed 20 years ago.
I am delighted that others do well with this diet, but it is not a once size fits all solution.
I first looked at the starve yourself fit diet around 4 years ago, so I have seen the videos before. It might suit some, but there are many that it could be positively bad for. Still, I'm sure he is making a good living from it, one way or the other.
I'll say it again , l eat until I'm full 3 times a day, it's just the right food. There is no starvation.

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Hello Steve
I owe you an apology. I saw that the video was by / about Dr Jason Fung and assumed that it was the one I watched and discounted four or so years ago. At that time he was promoting fasting as a way of reversing diabetes and was encouraging people to fast for days and in some cases weeks at a time.
I saw his name and didn't bother to watch it, so my bad.
I still think that it is an oversimplification to say that anyone can reverse their type two by simply changing their diet, although that probably depends on what their diet was like in the first place. ;)

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Only changes to my diet has been to find low carb alternatives, bread is the hardest one and I will have a sandwich at lunchtime, wholemeal 10g of carb per slice. I probably dont go low enough in carbs every day to say I am keto. I use courgette as a replacement for noodles and spaghetti, small turnips instead of roast potatoes, cauliflower can be used as mash or rice. Never had sugar in my tea/coffee, dont have a sweet tooth so deserts are not an issue.

breadflake

Site Supporter
This is one of the first videos I watched giving an understanding of the condition when diagnosed with T2 a few years ago