Devon fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alison

Hi

Have just found this site and must say it is one of the most friendly/informative I have seen in a while.

I am a newbie to fishing and only started with the float a few months ago. My partner and myself are due to go on a fishing holiday at Newbarn Farm (just outside Paignton) next week and I just wondered if anyone had been there or if anyone has any good tips for an absolute beginner.

Alison

A M McDermott

david platt

Fusilier
Hi Alison,
First of all Welcome to the Forums not a bad bunch of people who will help you out if they can.
I am sorry but, I dont know this venue but, if you put up
WWW.newbarnfarm.com you will find your Venue click on fishing and it
will tell you the do!s & donots, for basics on fishing you cannot go
far wrong with this site WWW.floatsgone.btinternet.co.uk.
Use google for both sites.
Hope this goes someway to answering your question
enjoy your Holiday and, perhaps you will call back and let us know
how you got on with your fishing.
Tight Lines
david

lanc

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Alison

Welcome to the MD family, sorry but like Dave i've never fished newbarn so i can't help either

I'm pretty sure someone on here will have fished it though so keep checking back.

Alan

I'll have a fiver on the black un

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi ~Alison and other 'arf. Welcome to the wonderful world of Maggot Drowners.

Do not know the Paignton area but if you get a chance get to Stafford Moor, near Okehampton. Owned by Andy Seery and if it anything like Whiteacres when his family owned it it will be a cracker.

Yu all come back soon yu hear

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

Alison

Hi

Thanks for the welcome guys.

David, have tried that sight, has some good tips. Thanks.

We Live in Luton and have fished a couple of places but it's always nice to have recommendations. Any ideas??

Alison

A M McDermott

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Hi Alison

I and my kids have fished at new barn farm, it's a pretty good place, mirror lake holds some pretty impressive roach which are growing large on the leftovers from the carp. we were there for approx. five-six hours and between us we caught easily thiry pounds of super silver bars.
If you travel about another mile or so bown the road you will find another fishery called town parks fishery, this is also a super fishery, and can be found on:-

www.townparksfishery.co.uk

hope this helps

Bluey

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Hi agin

almost forgot when you need bait call Andy Walsh on 01803665523
he owns a tackle shop in Paignton called Handy Baits its a small shop but supplies all essentials and more, he's a very large friendly guy and is extremely helpful.
it sounds silly but I could go there now but I don't know the address except to say he's just off the one-way system in the town centre he'll give you directions and it's easy to find

Bluey

Alison

Cheers Bluey,

It's nice to get some feedback before we go. Will maybe try Town Parks also.

Will post again when we get back.

Thanks

Alison

Alison

Hi all

Now back from Devon and what a week it was!!
Caught my first ever Carp!!! (only 2lb) but for a novice it put up a good fight. Largest Carp caught was 2.5lb. This venue is more for beginners as the ponds are quite small but a good selection of fish in each one.

Also tried Town Parks fishery, very nice but a little exposed around one side if it is windy. Thanks for the info Bluey.

Have not had a chance to read everything yet but once I get my photos developed I will try and post some on here.

Alison

Del-J

' Victor '
Hi Alison welcome to the mad, mad world of the M/Ds.

I hope that it was not you who brought the rain back here to Luton.

Del.

Not fishing? Then talk to your friends on MDs.

matt

Site Supporter
hi alison, welcome aboard. if youre in luton, try tingrith fishery in flitwick, there are loads of fish in there and its a good days fishing. otherwise try around milton keynes, loads of stillwaters such as bradwell, willen, furzton and teardrops full of fish and all available to fish on a 4 day ticket available on the bank

Alison

Thanks Matt

Fished at Tingrith this weekend. Had a good day with lots of fish caught. There were a number of lovely Rudd and plenty of Perch also.

Am going to try Milton Keynes in the future.

Alison

Status
Not open for further replies.