Derbyshire Method Feeder Fishing

wilder1983

Evening all, first time poster so go easy on me.

Getting back into fishing after a near 20yr absence and having recently moved to Belper, Derbyshire.

After recommendations for day ticket waters for close (under 20yds) method fishing to get my eye back in.

Any suggestions??

IanG1

Site Supporter
Not day ticket but cheap book is Stanton Fishing club near Ilkeston. Their Roughs pond is ideal for short chuck method fishing and full of carp to match most commies at £10 a day. £30 for a book and plenty of other water to go at.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Not day ticket but cheap book is Stanton Fishing club near Ilkeston. Their Roughs pond is ideal for short chuck method fishing and full of carp to match most commies at £10 a day. £30 for a book and plenty of other water to go at.
That’s a blast from the past mate, I had a Stanton Book right through the 70’s and 80’s. I used to like Private pond. Roughs or ‘Roughs open Hole’ as it appeared on the book was always rock hard fishing. I once fished a match on it and there was something like 22 blanks out of 24 anglers.

IanG1

Site Supporter
That’s a blast from the past mate, I had a Stanton Book right through the 70’s and 80’s. I used to like Private pond. Roughs or ‘Roughs open Hole’ as it appeared on the book was always rock hard fishing. I once fished a match on it and there was something like 22 blanks out of 24 anglers.
You wouldn't recognise the place now Dave, lots of development and stocking done by the committee over the past couple of years. They run a winter league across the different waters on site and cap it at 30 anglers with loads on the list wanting to get on. They pay 100% out as well and don't take a peg fee.

Steve57

Site Supporter
Longford, good choice of lakes to go at. Either the first lake where the carpies fish or drive right through the complex, cross the road and fish the first lake (Mammoth) you come to.
Rycroft, either Donnington lake or the specimen lake which are not on the main complex.
Beechwood (near Elvaston Castle) if you can fish it through the week. Weekends are ok there through the winter.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
You wouldn't recognise the place now Dave, lots of development and stocking done by the committee over the past couple of years. They run a winter league across the different waters on site and cap it at 30 anglers with loads on the list wanting to get on. They pay 100% out as well and don't take a peg fee.
Really nice to hear that it's thriving mate.

Dropon

GeoffW

Site Supporter
Birch House Lakes at Ashbourne is where I go. Great place.
Totally agree with Mark for getting back into fishing, you won't go wrong on Teal lake at Birch House. You can catch all day on feeder, either to an island or down the edge.
And less than 10 miles from Belper.

Total

Site Supporter
Totally agree with Mark for getting back into fishing, you won't go wrong on Teal lake at Birch House. You can catch all day on feeder, either to an island or down the edge.
And less than 10 miles from Belper.
Or with a margin pole....Oh hang on.....;):love::giggle: