Democracy my backside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benji

Account Locked
It was democratic amongst his party, its all within the rules, so wheres the problem? Yawn yet another whinging whining online petition.

gazmalman

malmanfloats.com
No it wasnt democratic, it was decided by the MP's not the party. I used to be a very active member of the labour party and I still hear from a few people from the party who are very very annoyed at not being able to vote.

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
I'm with Gaz.

If a Prime Minister steps down there should be a general election called. Blair was VOTED in, Brown was not and I'm feckin sure the people should get a say in who is representing them.

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Agree 100% with you Gaz,
the general public should be entitled to
a vote,
afterall MP's are supposed to represent us,
not themselves to do as they please.

I still think Brown is on a pension fiddle
due to being entitled to a massive increase
once he becomes prime minister
then I think he won't care whether he stays or goes.

Benji do you wear bottle bottom glasses.[?] [:eek:)] [:D]

Harry.

midge99

I live in England why should a Scot run MY country they have their own parliment now.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by midge99

I live in England why should a Scot run MY country they have their own parliment now.

Quite, kick them all out, how they can vote on English issues, but our MP's have no say in Scotland, beggars belief.....

Benji

Account Locked
Originally posted by HarryOatcake
Benji do you wear bottle bottom glasses.[?] [:eek:)] [:D]

No just blinkers, its stops me getting too depressed and realizing what a shambles life and the world is.

Butch

Account Locked
It must be Labour policy to hold an election under such circumstances because they called for a general election when John Major took over from Margaret Thatcher, he also was unelected.

You surely dont think now that the boot is on the other foot Labour has changed its policy..........surely they wouldnt.

Larry

Lazarus
harryoatcake,
I agree with Gaz as well
Also He'll get himself a nice pension out of it after f******g a lot of pensioners&pension's schemes up for a lot of people

Last edited:

D Wallace

leo
As boldrick used to say. "Iv'e got a cunning plan" He's going to flip this country up, Then join the SNP.

Don

I think Blair and Brown have managed to do what William Wallace would have liked to do. They have invaded England and gave the English a right good fecking over!

Democracy in England? Well yes probably as long as you aren't English that is :)

thetraveller

Labour must be a party of no hopers with little ambition. Only 1 nomination for leader yet 6 want to be second in charge.

The situation of another leader taking over is fairly common. Callaghan from Wilson, Major from Thatcher and now Brown from Blair. Personally I think that the English won't vote Brown into office as he is Scottish, How can Scotland have a First Minister who is a Nationalist whilst England is ruled by a Scot??

kleinboet

You haven't heard the worst of it! The MPs can LIE all day and get away with it - they have just voted themselves EXEMPT from the freedom of information act!!!

WHY???

nico12

Grebe Grabber
Norm is spot on.

A person wasnt voted in at the last GE, a party was. They've changed their leader thats all. The party is still in power.

no case to answer for me.

Don

Originally posted by nico12

Norm is spot on.

A person wasnt voted in at the last GE, a party was. They've changed their leader thats all. The party is still in power.

no case to answer for me.

Sounds about right Nico but on our local council if say a labour councillor dies and as a result the seat becomes vacant( I dont know what the criteria is for sussing out which ones are alive and which ones are dead mind,could be something to do with the smell in the council chambers, I imagine a rotting corpse would smell nicer than any local politician[:D]) they usually have a vote for the vacant position. Leastways thats what I understood. Wouldnt be the first time I was wrong though.

methodgob

yoda
Originally posted by Don

Sounds about right Nico but on our local council if say a labour councillor dies and as a result the seat becomes vacant( I dont know what the criteria is for sussing out which ones are alive and which ones are dead mind,could be something to do with the smell in the council chambers, I imagine a rotting corpse would smell nicer than any local politician[:D]) they usually have a vote for the vacant position. Leastways thats what I understood. Wouldnt be the first time I was wrong though.

I like it![:D]

maximus

The sooner Labour is out the better if you ask me. I made a 76 mile trip this morning to take my brother in law to a dentist because he had a tooth ache. He was told that he had to pay for his treatment because he works for a living and isn't on income support or housing benefit.

piroflip

When the Tories took us into the common market there were complaints galore from Labour.
But when they got in did they take us out? Of course not.

Labour also complained about how unfair the poll tax was, but we still have it.
The only difference under the loony reds is that we now all pay twice as much.

Labour complained about identity cards when the Tories wanted them. Now Labour want to introduce them but the Tories object.

There is not a razor blade thickness difference between the lot of them. Neither party will be satisfied until Britain is an islamic state.

racist? no.
patriot? yes.
sick of loony left traitors? yes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.